• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Should I Dare Ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SignosaurusRex

Should I dare ask how everyone likes the site since the upgrade? Any outstanding bugs?
I think you made yourself "Crystal Clear" on your reactions to any post that goes against your grain. From the looks of the replies, or the lack thereof....I suspect you won't get any reactions other than what you might find favorable.
Since you asked... Personally, I think the site is just fine as it is. Don't go any further down that "Fix It Avenue". Some of the upgrades are great and some of the stuff that goes along with it really sucks "Bigleague"! No big deal...I understand...."it's JUST business". WTS, It's all your baby, Carry On charger...full speed ahead!

Last edited:

legacyborn

Between the difficulty of finding things I used to be able to get (Not a huge deal, I'll learn), the layout that stresses my brain (it looks like old forums and there are way too many little things trying to get my attention), and the page after page popup about my ad-block, I really don't feel like coming here much. I understand the need for change, and ad revenue, but I support this site by supporting it's merchant members. Will the pop-up block complaint go away if I am a paid member? I might consider doing that, but not if I feel my comments (and those of other paying members) have no say in what we are looking for in the forum.

WrapYourCar

Never been a huge fan of forums.. is there a live chat feature available?.. would be good to chat to people real time about things sometimes.

Johnny Best

It was a change at first getting use to the new forum layout, but now after a couple of weeks it is enjoyable to get around as before. A lot cleaner looking with the new upgrade. I'm happy, thanks.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
I think you made yourself "Crystal Clear" on your reactions to any post that goes against your grain. From the looks of the replies, or the lack thereof....I suspect you won't get any reactions other than what you might find favorable.
Since you asked... Personally, I think the site is just fine as it is. Don't go any further down that "Fix It Avenue". Some of the upgrades are great and some of the stuff that goes along with it really sucks "Bigleague"! No big deal...I understand...."it's JUST business". WTS, It's all your baby, Carry On charger...full speed ahead!

No your 100% incorrect, I will not tolerate person attacks or disparaging of people I put in place to do the work. When there was constructive comments we promptly complied. But every conversion turned into nitpicking and arguing over how I run my business.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Between the difficulty of finding things I used to be able to get (Not a huge deal, I'll learn), the layout that stresses my brain (it looks like old forums and there are way too many little things trying to get my attention), and the page after page popup about my ad-block, I really don't feel like coming here much. I understand the need for change, and ad revenue, but I support this site by supporting it's merchant members. Will the pop-up block complaint go away if I am a paid member? I might consider doing that, but not if I feel my comments (and those of other paying members) have no say in what we are looking for in the forum.

I wish I could full understand you frustration, I personally have been using VB for years and now this software and I find this way easier to use for me. AS for the pop-up, yes as a paid member that goes away. Your say is important , however I can't accommodate every whim just to one person happy.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
The layout is kinda clunky and distracting and many elements are unnecessarily large and contrast-y. A post with a single line takes up more than half my screen. Not a pleasure to view and use. It almost, but not quite, seems that it was set up for the visually impaired.

IMHO, IP.Board software does a much better job at rendering a forum along with all the associated components like blogs, galleries, special areas, etc.

Just my 2₵

ikarasu

I think because of all the blocks on the left, it makes everything huge. a 1 line reply takes up as much space as a 30 line reply. I can get 2 posts per screen, in 1920x1080 resolution.

It's never really "bugged" me, but it does seem pretty low.

Attachments

• forum.png
    forum.png
    115.9 KB · Views: 269

ikarasu

Comparing it to the xeno sample forums... Can I stack year extensions? I can get 5-7 replies, depending on how big they are.

[edit] And dont get me wrong, their forums are very plain.. not saying signs101 should be like that. Just pointing out why it feels like its made for the visually impaired... while the text and everything isnt bigger, it "seems" that way because of how big each post is. Theres a lot of screen real estate thats gets wasted because of the blocks on the left, but there may not be a solution to that.

Last edited:

Billct2

Ehhh...still getting used to the look/functionality.
Traffic may be up, but the content/participation has declined in quality.
Lots of the best, most knowledgeable members are long gone for various reasons.
I'll stick around for now because I still get some value out of it.

C

ColoPrinthead

Getting more comfortable with the new design. I am really annoyed about the ad for ad-blocker that pops up several times a day; may have to install ad-blocker to end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.