• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I upgrade my firmware on CE5000-60 or leave well enough alone?

WallSpice

Hi, I haven't been here in so long! Everyone here is always so helpful.

I am a full time graphic designer and hobby cut vinyl. I have a Graphtec CE5000-60 I purchased new in 2009. I've never updated the firmware on it. It sat in the box for the last two years after a move. I've recently got it running and successfully sent a cut via CuttingMaster 3 and Illustrator CC.

My question is: according to this Graphtec document, http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/software/cuttingplotters.html#software2
it sounds to me like a firmware update is required, but it seemed to cut fine today. I see some posting about troubles after updating. Am I crazy to mess with a system that seems to be working?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Check to see if they have a list of what is addressed in the update of the firmware.
(should be on the same page as the firmware file).
If you are not having any of the issues that the fix "fixes" I would leave it alone.
I have the CE6000 and had some issues with contour cuts being off - the update seems to have fixed them.

wayne k
guam usa

WallSpice

Thanks Wayne.

Makes sense. I'll do some non-time critical jobs to test the new set up and cross that bridge if problems emerge.