• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should USCUtter accept Bitcoin payments?

ninjabenja

I'm trying to get data for why my company (uscutter) should SERIOUSLY consider accepting Bitcoin payments. This is NOT an advertisement or a promotion, nor is this an agenda being led by anyone other than me as an individual. I made sure the survey is well branded to reinforce the authenticity of the company association. The survey is relevant to the forum because, well because it's USCutter. They're a cornerstone of the vinyl industry.

Here's the survey ... it's 6 yes or no style questions... takes 0.26 seconds.

About me (briefly): I have been involved with both bitcoin and USCutter since about 2010. I've never posted on this forum until today but have been very active on the USCutter forum since before I started working there. I am an active currency trader, I design my own clothes (and wear them) as well as selling vinyl wall art on etsy. My favorite BTC charting site is tradingview.com. I enjoy long walks on the beach and playing Cards Against Humanity- totally tanked.

Thanks for your time!

signmeup

This thread is funny.

I think I want to start making my own clothes... what sort of vinyl do you recommend... cast or calendered? Maybe I should start with hats and work my way up?

Adrian

ninjabenja

Definitely start with cast, it might last longer. :p ... and lol at suppliers competing with end-users. ... and also I can't stop people from using calendared vinyl on cars. We tell them what will happen, they don't listen!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA.........................................

You're serious, huh ??

TammieH

If you want to run a professional sign shop, Do NOT buy US Cutter!

My domestic partner bought one without me knowing, they are not worth the price of the packaging they are shipped in.

To put it nicely, I was just a wee bit upset that she threw money away on such a POS.

I told her that she could have bought a nice used plotter for a bit more than the POS.

....she was hoping she could get me started out on my own :banghead:

signmeup

I'm not sure adhesive vinyl clothing will catch on. I can see it costing a buttload for Nair...

I may do a run on Kickstarter for my fruit hats first, to test the waters.

Adrian

Attachments

• [Takao Sakai] Pompadour hairstyle of Japanese sweets wagashi.jpg
    [Takao Sakai] Pompadour hairstyle of Japanese sweets wagashi.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 113

ninjabenja

UScutter is the cornerstone of JUNK!

So... Graphtec, Roland, Mimaki, Oracal, Hexis, Siser ... are all junk, hmm. Did not know that.

People like to forget that buying a cheap product means you end up owning a cheap product, regardless of who you buy it from. Yes, USCutter offers a number of extremely affordable vinyl cutters because (spoiler alert) people want to buy them. I can't tell you how many times I've explained to someone exactly why they shouldn't buy an MH cutter for $300 to run their business, only to have them buy it anyway.

Pat Whatley

Accept bitcoin if you trust it and you think you can convert it into products you can use (i.e. paying the power bill). It's no different than trading a plotter for car repairs or sign work for a lawn mower. Personally I think the bitcoin concept is great but with no real backing (like the imaginary backing the federal government provides the U.S. dollar) the market is still pretty volatile. Plus, when somebody at your exchange decides to skip town with all your bitcoins you don't exactly have FDIC there to repay you.

studebaker

Deluded Artist
I vote for accepting Bitcoin... Mainly to get it into the mainstream. But if you expect to actually receive a Bitcoin payment, you are deluding yourself. Look how long it took Paypal to be an accepted payment among vendors. (Yes I know US Cutter accepts Paypal. Some of your stuff is reasonably priced. I just ordered $199.00 worth today.)

wildside

i had to go research what the heck a bitcoin was... never heard of it.

It apparently is not currency at all and the IRS views it as property and will tax is as capital gains.....