• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should we ban...

Should we get rid of

• Gino, I don't like him

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Don't get rid of Gino, I love him

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Texas Signmaker

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

this poll isn't a great idea. call him out in a thread if you don't like what he is saying, I do. setting up a poll to crap on him is just as wrong as the reasons you want him banned. I am not good with the attempt to rally a mob to run him out of town on a rail.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
this poll isn't a great idea. call him out in a thread if you don't like what he is saying, I do. setting up a poll to crap on him is just as wrong as the reasons you want him banned. I am not good with the attempt to rally a mob to run him out of town on a rail.

Why don't you call him out in a thread.

boxerbay

LEAVE GINO ALONE!!!

LEAVE_BRITNEY_ALONE%21_gif.gif

Johnny Best

I think Texas_Signmaker is part of the mob that Fred (the ex-owner) started up on another post saying Gino should not be part of the community. This is not a good idea and rude, I vote that everyone is welcomed and not be banned for being who they are. "I am Everyday People".
There is an ignore button if you do not like someone.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Kid, you demonstrate aptly one of the trademarks of the diseased liberal, and conservative as well, mind. That being then curious notion that anyone that might utter something that you find unpleasant or, worse, something with which you disagree, must me driven into the sea and forever silenced. If, subsequently, you announce that 'you were just kidding' you complete the circle and confirm the diagnosis.

If someone says something with which you disagree or offends your delicate sensibilities pay them no heed, disagree with them, or take your ball and go home. What you do not do, ever, is call for them to be silenced and sent into the woods. Ever.

d fleming

Holy crap, hell must be freezing over. I agree with Bob on something. Gonna go play on the distillery forums for a while. Guess what they talk about there? Distilling. Y 'all let me know when you want to talk signs again.

ikarasu

Kid, you demonstrate aptly one of the trademarks of the diseased liberal, and conservative as well, mind. That being then curious notion that anyone that might utter something that you find unpleasant or, worse, something with which you disagree, must me driven into the sea and forever silenced. If, subsequently, you announce that 'you were just kidding' you complete the circle and confirm the diagnosis.

If someone says something with which you disagree or offends your delicate sensibilities pay them no heed, disagree with them, or take your ball and go home. What you do not do, ever, is call for them to be silenced and sent into the woods. Ever.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with banning Gino. I just wanted to comment on your comment.. ;) Isn't trump the one who wants to bury anyone who goes against him / what he says and thinks is right?

Bigcat_hunter

Absolutely agree with this dude. It's a free country (or internet) for now. I don't think silencing people you don't agree with is good at any level.

bob

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with banning Gino. I just wanted to comment on your comment.. ;) Isn't trump the one who wants to bury anyone who goes against him / what he says and thinks is right?

By what stretch of tortured reasoning do you bring Trump, or anyone else who is not germane, into this conversation? One person's perfidious behavior does not justify another's. Try to stick to the subject at hand, as difficult for you as that might be,

WildWestDesigns

By what stretch of tortured reasoning do you bring Trump, or anyone else who is not germane, into this conversation? One person's perfidious behavior does not justify another's. Try to stick to the subject at hand, as difficult for you as that might be,

Only way I could think of is with this...

Although you did also mention conservative as well in that concern as well. Which to me would have covered Trump, so I'm not to sure why he didn't think it applied to Trump as well.

But I'm just speculating here.

peavey123

This type of **** is maddening since up here in Canada this is the kind of thinking that is rampant and quickly destroying our country.

bob

Maybe we can help improve the site by holding back on the blatantly racist slurs.

Goombah = Italian = Nationality and/or culture. Please describe how your apparently confused concept of 'race'** applies here.

**There is only one race; human. The current concept of 'race', the one that is drawn like a six gun whenever someone has no argument, is utterly fallacious.

TimToad

Goombah = Italian = Nationality and/or culture. Please describe how your apparently confused concept of 'race'** applies here.

**There is only one race; human. The current concept of 'race', the one that is drawn like a six gun whenever someone has no argument, is utterly fallacious.

You can try to play your superior linguistics and semantics argument on all you want, but it doesn't excuse the use of a highly derogatory slur against a member's ethnicity.

We are all the same species, which is subdivided by race.

I'll stick with Merriam-Webster in subset 2a & b on the subject.

Definition of race
1 :a breeding stock of animals
2 a :a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock
b :a class or kind of people unified by shared interests, habits, or characteristics
3 a :an actually or potentially interbreeding group within a species; also :a taxonomic category (such as a subspecies) representing such a group
b :breed
c :a category of humankind that shares certain distinctive physical traits

Status
Not open for further replies.