• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

show me your small labels!

Micheal

Hey everyone its the very indecisive rookie decal maker with some more requests!!!

Show me some of your really small text printed with your HP latex or EPSON ecosol!

ikarasu

Why not send a seller your file and ask for samples? Any retailer who wants to sell you a printer should have no issues sending you a few test prints of files you regularly use.

Keep in mind these are wide format printers. They are not meant for small text. Don't expect it to be as clear as a desktop printer or label printer when it comes to small text. Is it acceptable quality? Sure... We print 100,000 1x3 decals every few months for a manufacturing company and they love it. But your best option is going to be going to a distributor and asking for some samples.

woolly

haven't got a clue about latex but your epson should be able to do 3 to 5 mm text comfortably but so much depends on the machine set up, material etc.
defections of the nossels poor alignment of heads will stand out like a sore thumb even head height plays a part.
2mm black text we regularly do for some 14mm circle domed even surprised me. roland VS 540
if you are struggling show a nossel test

unclebun

We just printed these static clings, which are 1.5"x2.75", on our S70670. Those red, green, and yellow letters are 4.5 point text. The words Baptist Church are even smaller. I didn't bother to make a new profile for the static cling, and it's a little overinked because the material doesn't have as high ink limits as our regular vinyl, but it still comes out OK. With a better profile the dark blue would be even sharper.
Riverview oil change cling.jpg

CanuckSigns

We just printed these static clings, which are 1.5"x2.75", on our S70670. Those red, green, and yellow letters are 4.5 point text. The words Baptist Church are even smaller. I didn't bother to make a new profile for the static cling, and it's a little overinked because the material doesn't have as high ink limits as our regular vinyl, but it still comes out OK. With a better profile the dark blue would be even sharper.
View attachment 142985

Is that a church that does oil changes?!

unclebun

If you think that sounds odd, the church also goes out periodically and spends the morning at a laundromat paying for people's laundry.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's kinda prejudiced thinking on that Church's part. What about all the other 37 genders who need help ??

:popcorn:

Sign Gordon

Hi, It's not from either of those printers but I'm proud of it's design so take a look and forgive me. 3/8" high hexagonal decals with minimal wasted material plus very small print so small I need a magnifier to read them.
DSC02902.JPG

Attachments

• DSC02898.JPG
    DSC02898.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 173