• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Side Lit Acrylic signs

armandolo

Hi Everyone,

I had a last minute add on to our project and the contractor wants us to provide side lit 1" thick letters. I called Gemini but they dont make them.

Cause timing is of the essence I want to know a) how i can make them b) where can i order them.

So here is my question.
First and for most what kinda material is the acrylic? Is it translucent acrylic?
Second, the drawing calls for routed channel in the back and a self adhesive LEDs like in the picture. is this doable. Any help would be appreciated.

If you can think of a wholesaler, that would be awesome also.

LED.PNG

spectrum maine

signcomp makes a base that holds the led lighting & the sign upright
the 3/4 or 1" clear acrylic is v routed & the beveled cuts catch the light.

rossmosh

Post a picture of what you're actually looking for. There are so many ways to light acrylic up. Post what you're looking for and someone will be able to help you.

henryz

Hello Armandolo, will the faces be non illuminated? 2 ways on doing it. Embedding the leds inside the acrylic usually about an 1 1/4" thick, the other is to backlighted with a tape similar to the one on the picture you will need an aluminum backing for heat sinking. Hope this help, we had to do these letters before but after some errors we finally got it.

Henry Z.