• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Application Table

klsigns

We are about to purchase a sign application table and were wondering if we could get some feedback from members on this forum.
The machines we have narrowed it down to are:

Rolls Roller
Roll Over (but this machine does not have a transfer tape bar) :-(
Rogue Roller
Van De Bobis Multi Applicator

We have the space for a 8 to 10 foot table
The new table will be replacing one of our worktables.
Mainly the table we do our big squeegee work on, transfer taping and cutting.
Shops in the UK find that these tables do circles around flatbed printers.

Thank You in Advance
Karen C.

Circleville Signs

Nope - don't have any need for it. Or should I say, our current volume doesn't necessitate at $12k purchase to do something I can do by hand.

Jack Knight1979

These are pretty awesome tools, but I don't see how they would do circles around a flatbed printer.

Using an application table, you still have to print an adhesive substrate, trim it, then spend a time mounting it.

Flatbed, put in substrate, print it.

I feel that a big squeegee is probably just as fast as a rogue roller or other type of table. If you have someone helping you.

If I ever did enough volume to buy a 12-25k table, I would buy a used vutek instead. Just my .02.

The rogue roller looks like a quality piece of equipment and I do see it's purpose, but it's something a small shop like mine would probably never need. Hopefully I grow enough that I need a flatbed and one of these, but flatbed first.

klsigns

@JackKnight
I am a small shop and some days it’s just my husband and I. We don't have a lot of employees, although we do a large amount of printing.

With the flatbed printer we found it would print fast yes, but just the customer taking it from the shop to the car, it would get scratched. That is if my husband or I hadn’t scratched it first when moving it.
A flatbed is great but the print doesn’t last like vinyl and it really started to affect our bottom line, especially with the redo’s.

With getting rid of our HP Nightmare we are able to fit three printers and one application table. This out performs a flatbed at a fraction of the cost.

All the shops I work with have this same fight with their flatbeds, that’s why I’m researching which application table will best fit our needs.

rjssigns

Check the posts. One of the crafty buggers on this forum built their own. Could save a ton of money.

The Equipment Guy

Hi Karen,

We have experience with these units, I am currently in the shop building a crate for a large machine but will respond over the weekend with some suggestions.

Craig

klsigns

Why re-invent the wheel? I'm a sign maker, why waste my time trying to build something someone else has already worked out all the kinks. Besides, I want my customers to use me because I make quality work, sure they could do it cheaper if they just painted one themselves.

Tigertron

Check the posts. One of the crafty buggers on this forum built their own. Could save a ton of money.

I have a few half made wheels lying around and don't mind trying another. I'm On my silly iPhone right now and can't search too well but if you or anyone can link that post I'd be much appreciated.

klsigns

@Forge Inc
I was asking which of the 4 different tables people would recommend from their experience. After seeing the rolls roller at the ISA sign expo a couple years ago we have been intrigued, but not ready to expand until now. I just wanted to hear peoples input who actually use the equipment.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why do I get the feeling numerous new members are slyly promoting the rogue roller?

Honestly, I've never heard of these machines before this. I might've seen them at trade shows, but not being interested, didn't pay attention.

What is their claim to fame ?? What are they really doing for the prices being thrown about ??

ForgeInc

I have first hand experience with the Rogue Roller. As a "newbie" in the industry I really believe this has helped me through numerous hurdles that I think a lot of people go through when breaking into signs.

We picked up a Rogue this past fall. It sits beside a Seal 600 60" hot/cold laminator. We still use the Seal for roll to roll or heat applications, but all of our substrate mounting in now done on the Rogue. It's way easier for an operator to use alone, whether new or experienced. The payoff is it cuts down on makeovers tremendously. That cost is not just your material, but the impact of interrupting the print schedule to reprint. It's paying for itself every day by being more productive. We're a small shop, and we get busy. Makeovers are a killer. Having a 5' x 10' light table is really nice for obvious reasons.
Besides all that, the company is great to work with, and it comes packed like it's full of TNT. $12k is a lot of money for a small shop, but you get your money's worth.

Just seems highly coincidental 3 brand new members (two of them from oregon, where rogue rollers are made) have been promoting or inquiring about the machine. They joined after the manufacturer, who themselves seems to have joined in the last week and jumped in on the tail end of a lengthy thread about similar machines.

I only noticed this cause I'm from Oregon and rarely see anyone from my state post here. Like Gino said, never heard of these machines until the last week or so, they seem like great units. I'm sure it's probably just a coincidence, right?

phototec

Just seems highly coincidental 3 brand new members (two of them from oregon, where rogue rollers are made) have been promoting or inquiring about the machine. They joined after the manufacturer, who themselves seems to have joined in the last week and jumped in on the tail end of a lengthy thread about similar machines.

I only noticed this cause I'm from Oregon and rarely see anyone from my state post here. Like Gino said, never heard of these machines until the last week or so, they seem like great units. I'm sure it's probably just a coincidence, right?

ForgeInc, you are a GREAT detective, as they say, if it sounds to good to be TRUE it most likely is!

I'm glade I'm not the only one who smells that fishy smell.

What small shop with only husband and wife can afford a $30,000.00 RollsRoller flat bed sign application table?

:ROFLMAO:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not proven but very likely that Karen C. is a shill for Rogue Roller. I conclude this because her address listed in her registration is only a couple of miles from the Rogue Roller address. In addition her address is a private home. You can draw your own conclusions as to whether or not you think Rogue Roller is aware of her registration and posts.