• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign hanging in window frame

KCsigns

This is my first post on a forum so please bare with me; I've just taken over the family business and I'm having a lot of trouble planning (and pricing) this job:

My client wants a 38"x66" directory sign to be installed between two stone pillars. It's replacing a light box that's installed directly against the stone, but the client wants a 2" gap between the wall and the sign, so I'll need some kind of spacer between the stone and the side of the sign on either side. I'd like to make the sign out of carved HDU, but I don't trust it not to fracture without a custom metal frame around the perimeter (I don't weld). My alternative would be 10mm Alumalite but I fear it would look tacky. Any input for materials and/or hardware would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Rough Sketch.jpg
    Rough Sketch.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 210