• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign help

danger

Looking for the best way to create our new sign or to have some one make a new sign for us here is a few pitures of the idea we have the sign is the sign is 15.5 wide by 96 inches tall now illumination thank you
attachment.php

Attachments

• bulding.jpg
    bulding.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 177
I guess it would really depend on budget. Do you want the text to stand off or be 3d? YOu could just route aluminum or equivalent and then just sheet with a printed logo. Super easy. If you don't have router have someone cut the aluminum and do the rest yourself. This would be probably the most affordable option. You could have someone create it into a 3D sculpture and put it up there. But that would be the more expensive side.

danger

It would have to be done in pieces do to the size i would love some dimension but its all on cost at the moment.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I agree with Easy...

The issue I see is that sign is too low. Anything protruding 4"+ below 6'-8" is pretty much a no-no

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Lemme get this straight....a sign company is asking how to make a sign?

TimToad

It would have to be done in pieces do to the size i would love some dimension but its all on cost at the moment.

If cost is such a big issue, shrink the thing down to something that will fit on a single 5'x10' sheet of material for one.

How often are cars and trucks parked in those spaces? If its often, they will be blocking the view of half the sign as currently sized anyway. That's if your town even allows a sign that big on your building.

What kind of tools and skills do you possess? Can you cut something like out with a jigsaw? Is there a shop nearby with a CNC that is big enough to hold a 5'x10"

Why is the cost so crucial? Isn't this your shop and your pride and joy?

visual800

raelly dig that logo. if this were mine I would cutbto shape the logo out of maxxmetal paint cleacoat and THEN on the name of company route that out of 1/2" pvc and attach to it for depth!

raise it up some and get more on the aluminum facia. i do like jills idea but parked crs would block view on bricks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd go 20' wide by default height and move it up and over above the front door area, then let some of it protrude above the building. Move the 880 somewhere else.

neato

TimToad is right on the money.

You can have a great looking dimensional sign and make it yourself. A CNC isn't necessary, especially on something this size. You could layer the letters/backgrounds with different thicknesses of PVC.

And I would move that light personally and move the sign up so it protrudes over the top of the roof line, like Gino suggested. It looks very odd where it is now.

neato

Another thought:

Why not modify your logo to fit the building a bit better and make better use of the space you have? Here's a quick, rough idea...

Attachments

• synergy.png
    synergy.png
    413.5 KB · Views: 101

danger

Another thought:

Why not modify your logo to fit the building a bit better and make better use of the space you have? Here's a quick, rough idea...
I won't lie I like that. And this is the reason I posted on here. There are all kinds of sign shops we don't specialize in large signage so I was looking for help and advice

Marlene

I won't lie I like that. And this is the reason I posted on here. There are all kinds of sign shops we don't specialize in large signage so I was looking for help and advice

go with Neatos format idea as it always looks better to work with the area you have and to use it to your advantage. your design looked forced like a size 18 trying to wear size 10 pants

danger

go with Neatos format idea as it always looks better to work with the area you have and to use it to your advantage. your design looked forced like a size 18 trying to wear size 10 pants
The issue is we are aloud only 105 square feet that idea would end up around 200 square its based on extreme dimensions

TXFB.INS

Yeah, +1 for the new layout from NEATO
NEATO is the man when design layout is needing help, here is another example of his capabilities.

TXFB.INS

then change the wording that is on each side of the logo

have it read "Signs, Banners (LOGO) Wraps, & More" this will greatly reduce the size as "promotional products" sucks a lot of space

IslandSignWorks

Looking for the best way to create our new sign or to have some one make a new sign for us here is a few pitures of the idea we have the sign is the sign is 15.5 wide by 96 inches tall now illumination thank you
attachment.php

Hi Danger

We are in Southern Maine and could help you with fab and install of an internally illuminated piece. Send me a PM if you're interested in talking.

Greg
Island Sign Works