• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Ideas / Types Of Signs

xxtoni

Hiya everyone,

We currently have a bit of time on our hands and want to put it to good use. We are making samples of different types of signs, mainly to show potential clients.

Currently we're working on 3cm foamex letters painted to high gloss, one version has indirect lighting while the other has no lighting. The other thing we're working on are push through letters. I'll post pictures once it's finished.

I'm currently looking for other types of sings we could make.

I've looked around google images but none of what I saw really impressed me. Also looked over the Portfolio section here but there are only a few posts there.

So if anyone has suggestions for some nice signs that we could make, it would certainly be appreciated!

We just built a day/night backlit cabinet to hang in our shop window using 3M blockout film and 1/8" laser cut acrylic letters. It looks sweet at night with a blacked out face and a nice neon looking glow around the letters and the dimensional letters look great during daylight hours too.

skyhigh

We just built a day/night backlit cabinet to hang in our shop window using 3M blockout film and 1/8" laser cut acrylic letters. It looks sweet at night with a blacked out face and a nice neon looking glow around the letters and the dimensional letters look great during daylight hours too.

would like to see it.

Marlene

what kind of signs do you make? make up you samples either from what you have done that came out really nice or what you would like to do. I've got sign sample with black smalt and a gold leaf letter as I wanted to sell this and from the sample, I have.

xxtoni

So far we either did channel letters, 3cm foamex indirect lit letters or custom shape signs with a acrylic face and translucent graphics on.

From our products I personally like the 3cm indirect lit ones, basically backlit dimensional letters, best. They're really pretty and classy.

What I'm trying to do is come up with some new stuff to show to our potential clients.

Most people are really unimaginative and if you don't show them EXACTLY what something looks like they won't be able to accurately imagine it. If you ask the average joe how the graphics on a car came to be most of them will probably think it's some kind of paint job and that it came that way from the factory.

Another example of this is pretty much all of our clients knew what a roll up banner is. At one point we setup a roll up banner in our office, as a sample, and most of our clients who came in for something else noticed it and said "you know I'll take a few of those as well".

So we want to create as many samples of awesome products as possible.