• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign INSTALLATION MOUNTING PATTERN roll media

John Holland

Hello everyone,
In search of a supplier for the following:
  • Sign INSTALLATION MOUNTING PATTERN roll media.
  • Used as a sign installation template for drilling mounting holes and sign layout.
  • Pattern line drawing is produced with a friction feed pen plotter.
  • Larger patterns that exceed pen plotter width are printed on a large format digital printer.
  • These patterns are BASIC ONE COLOR LINE DRAWINGS – NOT FULL COLOR DIGITAL PRINTS.
  • Material needs to be LIGHTWEIGHT, DURABLE, WATERPROOF, and STRETCH RESISTANT.
  • Tyvek® (or similar) type material - any other suggestions are welcome.
  • ECONOMICAL SOLUTION for these ONE TIME USE patterns.
  • Material “logs” custom cut to size. Some example roll sizes – 52”, 64”, and 76”
  • Roll sizes can be determined to minimize waste, reduce cuts, and eliminate unusable “drops”.
  • Bulk length availability - 200 yard rolls preferred.
Looking for an alternate to materialconcepts.com
Any leads would be appreciated - thank you.

GVP

For the most part, we print on paper and then spray-mount to either corrugated cardboard sheets (from material wrappings) or to scrap coroplast. Having a rigid template makes life a whole lot easier on site. Mind you, it's always windy on the Prairies! :smile:

2B

those are some very specific specs,

and I'm afraid you have an indefinite loop going on Material needs to be LIGHTWEIGHT, DURABLE, WATERPROOF, and STRETCH RESISTANT. while being ECONOMICAL SOLUTION for these ONE TIME USE patterns.
those two do not go together

For the most part, we print on paper and then spray-mount to either corrugated cardboard sheets (from material wrappings) or to scrap coroplast. Having a rigid template makes life a whole lot easier on site. Mind you, it's always windy on the Prairies! :smile:

+1 and we use the old backing as the paper

fano

I'm fairly new at this and I was wondering how to make a pattern yourself. I've used places where they send me the pattern but I want to lear how to make my own and be precise especially for pin mount letters. Do you cut the letters first and then apply them to the pattern to mark and drill? A quick step by step would be great. Thanks