• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Management Software

Pacific Sign

Can anyone recommend some good Sign Management Software?

I've been looking at SignTracker and It seems to fit my needs.

Does anyone use Google Docs to Manage their company? And if so, is this a viable solution for a small sign company?

I would really like to hear from those of you who have benefited by using Sign Management Software and some of the key points.

I'm trying to draw a case to my boss to improve workflow and for once deliver a sign on time to our clients.

Thanks!:thankyou:

kpeskin

Using Google Docs (or any other free software package) means that if your software fails, disappears, or is not supported, you and your company have no recourse. A childhood friend supported his small business using free google software. When some records were lost, Google didn't offer any assistance in attempting to retrieve that information.

By obtaining something for free, you are making an agreement that (in essence) says "I am consuming this useful business tool by the good graces of someone else. Since I have given nothing of value in exchange for this tool, I have no right to be angry if it breaks or is removed from my toolbox."

mark in tx

I'm trying to draw a case to my boss to improve workflow and for once deliver a sign on time to our clients.

Software alone won't fix that.

Something I have been trying out with tracking production is Mozilla Sunbird, it is basically a calendar, but a real neat one.
It is very easy to enter a job name, date and times, and a status, and update.
Which is pretty much the basic needs of any production tracking.

ndemond

Purchased Sign Tracker a few years ago, was not very useful for me. It is excel based, which I am allergic to. The support was non existent. Hope this helps.

Nancy

Rising

Nancy. Interesting you say that Sign Tracker has no support. We were looking at investing in this, but we opted for Estimate in the end, partly because every time we called there was no answer, and never a call back. Estimate does a great job for us, especially with the version 2. Its best assets for us are quoting and job sheeting, tracking is fairly limited but It does have some great features.

Steve

ChiknNutz

Don't forget GraphixCALC Pro. It has an embedded Job Tracking function to aid in organizing a project thru the various stages. Free 15-day trial too.

seesaw signs

We've just signed up for the trial of Signtracker and are in the process of setting it up. It feels like there are a few things to finish yet at the production end (there are a couple of 'coming soon' popups in features) but I have to say the support has been terrific so far. Any emails I've sent with queries have been answered the same day and the replies have been helpful.
Our biggest issue with it is that everything is in imperial units which is a pain in the patuni. When is the USA going to get with the program??

pointjockey

No software needed to track jobs and get them out on time.
A Simple Project Checklist and a daily meeting with sales/production staff will deliver on time projects. We have "software" but don't even use the project tracking feature.

Edserv

I signed up for the free 30 day trial for Sign Tracker (after meeting the programmers at the sign show in Vegas last year.) I didn't continue the program, but I think it may have some merit. It's now browser based, (no more excel) and they throw in some really cool tools.

We've been using a custom MS Access database for everything. (I've been building apps in MS Access for about 10 years,) and I can't let go of the control.

If anyone comes across a great solution, I'd appreciate an email.
Good luck!
Chris