• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign on a Hanger - Painted or Digital??

CMYKprnt

I have a client that has a hanger and they want to put their logo up on the front of the hangar. The logo is a horizontal logo and my guess is 30'x10' high. What is the best route to go? Painted or Digital and if digital would you apply to building directly or place on a hard surface such as sintra and then mount? Any advice would be greatly appreciated a we have never produced this type of signage and we will certainly outsource the install. The logo is pretty simple - one color (blue) with a white background. The art has an icon and company name.

Billct2

A hanger, like an airplane hanger? I would build a aluminum tube frame, face it with ACM, and add a nice bent .040 frame around the edge.
At that size I'd build in a couple pieces and assemble on site.

CMYKprnt

Yes, an airplane hangar - most of the other hangars looks to painted but a couple have what looks to be laminated vinyl but to be honest, I cannot get up there to see exactly what they are doing. So .040 aluminum with white face and cut vinyl for logo and lettering?

Billct2

Is it corrugated metal or standing seam siding? As I said "I would build a aluminum tube frame, face it with ACM, and add a nice bent .040 frame around the edge.
At that size I'd build in a couple pieces and assemble on site." The graphics can be applied in any way you like

printhog

Since it's at an airport I'd build a proper sign like billct2 says. That way you can bolt the frame into the support structure of the hangar. Airports get lots of wind and sun. It needs to be properly mounted so it doesn't become a liability. No foam tapes or adhesives. Physical attachments to building code specs.

And I'd decorate with a premium solid color cast vinyl.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk