• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign post (bollard)

paul luszcz

Does anyone know a source for a sign post as shown in the attached photo?

It's a steel post, filled with concrete with a traffic sign post set in the concrete.

I know where to get the parts but was looking for a ready to install solution.

Attachments

• IMG_1916.pdf
    131.5 KB · Views: 259

Billct2

I went through the search for something like this. They are all steel pipe with a uchannel or square post added. And the cost for the steel pipe was surprisingly expensive

paul luszcz

Thanks for your help.

We're going to use a bollard as shown in the file attached, filled with cement with the sign post in it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 4.48.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 4.48.33 PM.png
    266.2 KB · Views: 207

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, if you go to a junk yard, you can get 5" x 1/4" wall pipe like that for about 50¢ a running foot. I just got 6" pipe for 40¢ a foot and they said it will probably cost more in a month or two.

Johnny Best

Or some 10' schedule 40 3" PVC pipe for $20 and some yellow paint. The recycling metal place is a good place to pick up steel pipe. If going in concrete, rent a core drill at Home Depot.

2B

Ya know, if you go to a junk yard, you can get 5" x 1/4" wall pipe like that for about 50¢ a running foot. I just got 6" pipe for 40¢ a foot and they said it will probably cost more in a month or two.

We regularly go to a "pipe yard" and get the used pipe, which is a fraction of the cost.
regardless of new or used, the pipe will have to be prepped and painted.

granted you have to follow specs if they list a certain type/grade for the pipe.