• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Shop For Sale on Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKADesigns

http://waterloo.craigslist.org/bfs/2802098152.html

Link to a sign shop for sale. Can anybody pick this apart and tell me what it's really worth? I'm just curious. Not interested personally, but maybe someone on here would be.

Print Shop in Cedar Falls Closed. The first $15,000 can buy the entire contents of the store. Included is:

MIMAKI JV5-160S Printer
Color ink-jet printer for high quality printing with solvent ink.

CG-160 FX Cutting Plotter

HP Pavillion a 1020 PC

ICA Duster 2000 filter machine.

GRAPHTEC FC8000 Cutting Plotter

EPSON Stylus Pro 11880 64 inch Printer

20+ Rolls of different Printing Vinyls and Canvas.

Laminator

Everything is in good working condition. The buyer must pick up the equipment. THE BUYER TAKES EVERYTHING!
(319)230-4975 for more information.

tomence

I would pay $15K in a heartbeat if the printers is in good working condition.
The printer itself is worth $15K

JKADesigns

I would pay $15K in a heartbeat if the printers is in good working condition.
The printer itself is worth $15K

Call them. Good luck. I don't have the liquidity or business at this point in time to justify a $15,000 purchase. You are also closer than I am, likely... that's just over the border in Iowa for you. Let me know if you get it. Glad I can help out a fellow member.

SignosaurusRex

It's a sign of the times....
The market will only bare so much saturation and then the (for whatever reason) weak will parish. Having all kinds of equipment, software and the right buttons to push does not make a professional. Here today...gone tomorrow... = Great opportunity for those in the position to expand.

Last edited:

ProWraps

not a bad deal if everything is legit and working like a champ. i would buy it in a heartbeat if it was in cali. i would then part it out and make $10k. solvent is DEAD!

tomence

not a bad deal if everything is legit and working like a champ. i would buy it in a heartbeat if it was in cali. i would then part it out and make $10k. solvent is DEAD!

That's what i am thinking too. Buy it, resell it buy me brand new latex equipment.

zmatalucci

why is solvent dead? my customers don't give a **** if it's arsenic infused crack printed on vinyl, so long as it lasts? fads will be fads I guess.

mopar691

I see about 1 or 2 complete shops like this for sale every month in my area.

Used to get excited about it but pretty common place in my eyes.

ProWraps

why is solvent dead? my customers don't give a **** if it's arsenic infused crack printed on vinyl, so long as it lasts? fads will be fads I guess.

we do nothing but fleets. you come to me with a one off, and i refer to to a local fast signs (they all have the same printers as us, ehhh. ****ty solvents).

we get fleets with RFP's that designate latex green tech.

let me break it down to you.... green printers. we buy all our energy from green sources (SMUD greengery, and our shop car is a prius).

yeah. it is what it is. spend the money or die out. its not glamourous, its just necessary.

ps. i live in cali-stupid. your experience may not be the same.

SignManiac

I'd snatch that equipment up if it wasn't so far away. A good deal for the next guy who thinks he can make a killing in the sign business. But when he sells it, only going to be worth half as much as this guy is asking....

h82loose

Hexis has a pvc free film and lam. They were wrapping last year at ISA. A little thick but looked great. A little pricey but not many other options.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That is a super sweet deal as long as the printers heads are all okay. On a JV5 you cannot install just any old DX5 printhead - they will only recognize IH47V ones which can only be had through Mimaki for about $1500 each. I still dont get why a shop is willing to spend so much on all that top of the line equipment and then back it up with a Walmart special residential grade POS computer. Granted that HP model does have a fast i7 processor but it is truly junk otherwise and so far from business class grade hardware its a joke to rely on it for business critical use.

signswi

Silly hippie, green is going out of style soon, I hope!!!

Says the dude who's farm was flooded by extreme weather conditions and failing infrastructure.

OP that's a phenomenal deal I'd buy it in a second if I were you (check that the heads work and haven't been sitting off...).

WildWestDesigns

I still dont get why a shop is willing to spend so much on all that top of the line equipment and then back it up with a Walmart special residential grade POS computer.

I would be willing to bet it is because they spent so much on that top of the line equipment that all they could afford is the Walmart computer special.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Long term lease w/ low payments... Went belly up...
Selling equipment he doesn't own and has a get out of town quick plan.

ForgeInc

Probably true for one-off customers.

Silly hippie, green is going out of style soon, I hope!!!

Short sighted thinking. Of course our market is different and 75%+ of our business is for large companies, but those 75% all DEMAND green solutions.

Remember, it doesn't have to cost more to go greener, so if given the option, why would you turn off a huge customer base who demands such thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.