• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Vox - Amazing Product.

HulkSmash

Yesterday at 2pm i switched to sign Vox. Today i'm writing invoices with it.

I was using activity software. After putting up with terrible support, and a horribly written program for the past year, we decided to switch.

The level this program is at surpasses any I've ever used. Kevin, and his guys at sign vox got us up in like 4 hrs, and had our database up the next day.

He offered training to us, but it's so easy...that we taught ourselves in 20 minutes...no joke.

Everything is in tabs... and is so well organized... i can't express.. how great it is...

i can now add projects, tasks, leads, and a bunch a stuff, i will probably never use.. but it's nice to have.

I will go home at 5pm today, and write quotes from the comfort of my couch...rather then staying here until late in the evening..

Letterbox Mike

Can't speak to Activity or other software, but yeah, Signvox is where it's at. Seriously. We integrated it in a day with zero stumbling and have not had any major issues with it at all. Any questions we do have are answered immediately either through the extensive FAQ or via the online help chat feature.

I also like that updates are constantly pushed out and they're always improving it.

Awesome product, worth EVERY penny and then some.

HulkSmash

Can't speak to Activity or other software, but yeah, Signvox is where it's at. Seriously. We integrated it in a day with zero stumbling and have not had any major issues with it at all. Any questions we do have are answered immediately either through the extensive FAQ or via the online help chat feature.

I also like that updates are constantly pushed out and they're always improving it.

Awesome product, worth EVERY penny and then some.

Seriously.. it's like a breath of fresh air...

I mean people may be unsure about the price, but you pretty much pay for your pricing software for 1 banner a month..
not to mention i was paying $75.00 a month for support to a company who didn't know how to fix their own software.

LarryB

I have been using Signvox as well and love it. Also came from Activity. As soon as a job is completed, I invoice it and email the customer a copy all with a few clicks on the keyboard. It goes straight to A/R and the clock starts ticking for receivables. I do not mail out invoices anymore so I save a good amount in postage.

I also like being able to resend online proofs to customers. You can see how many times they view the proof and you know immediately when proof is approved.

Rao and his team are top notch. Great product!!

J

john1

I hope to one day be large enough to get SignVOX, I keep hearing nothing but great things!

Letterbox Mike

I also like being able to resend online proofs to customers. You can see how many times they view the proof and you know immediately when proof is approved.

The online proofing alone makes it worth the money, especially like you said because it tracks when proofs are sent and when they're viewed. Actually, the fact that it tracks every communication with a customer through it (when invoices are sent, estimates sent, proofs sent, etc.) has been nice.

And yeah, Rao and Kevin are awesome, very eager to do whatever they can to make us happy. Case in point: we mentioned to Kevin that a way to prioritize jobs during the day would be most helpful, since some jobs need to be completed prior to others. I'm assuming we weren't the only ones asking for this, but regardless, within a week they programmed in a job priority setting. Talk about impressive!

Kevin-shopVOX

Ah shucks..you guys say the nicest things :)

It has been a pleasure helping out and we can't say enough about the folks (you and others) that are helping us build our business but in turn to let us help you build yours. Our hats are off to all of you.

If anyone would like a demo to see more on SignVOX just let me know. I'd be more than happy to chit chat about SignVOX and see if it is right for your business. Thanks again for the kudos, it means a lot to us.

Kevin-shopVOX

I hope to one day be large enough to get SignVOX, I keep hearing nothing but great things!
Take a look..you might find that its exactly what you need regardless of size. It fits well from 1 user to 100 users. It is designed for either.

Kevin-shopVOX

I'd like to see a demo. I wish Signvox had videos on youtube so I could watch it at my leisure.

Working on it, but as of now the webinar is the only way. I will have Vimeo videos soon though. But really the webinar only takes about an hour and I work around your schedule. Just let me know when it works for you..so it can still be at your leisure :)

Kevin-shopVOX

Does this talk to shipping computers or have a way to communicate ship and logistic details also?

Can you describe exactly what you'd like to see or are looking for? If you are talking about being able to enter information manually about if it was shipped, how and when as well as put a place for a routing #, print a shippers invoice then sure...if you are wanting it to be synced with a logistics vendor (UPS, FedEx etc) in any fashion then no. But that might be part of SignVOX PRO though don't quote me on it. Reason I say that is SignVOX PRO (currently in development) will allow customers to view online the status of the job in addition to approving and commenting on proofs which you can currently do. So if it is in the shipped status then it might link to or submit a routing number from the desired logistics provider.

Yes I was curious of automated logistics.

Both of our current systems do not offer that either. Would be nice to see( no pun intended)

Like what your system offers.. very impressive to say the least!!

GB2

Old Member
Kevin, I was curious about the software so I looked at the website and poked around a little but now I'm very confused and would like a little explanation/disclosure. First of all, the SignVox website has a lot to say but doesn't tell you anything, after looking it over I'm still not sure what your software does, plus I can't see anything at all on the images that are displayed.

I clicked on your homepage link in your Signs101 avatar and it takes me to Lake Graphics, an independant sign company in Maine which apparently you are associated with. You also advertise Build-A-Sign on your Lake Graphics website. There are also numerous references to Sign-A-Rama on the SignVox website.

If you don't mind, I'd like to know where this full circle goes and what are the connections between you, SignVox, Sign-A-Rama, Lake Graphics, Build-A-Sign and anything else that we should know about in the interest of full disclosure, such as was this application developed for, by, or is it owned by Sign-A-Rama, is it now standard issue to Sign-A-Rama franchises, is there any ownership connection between SignVox and Build-A-Sign, are there any other national franchises connected with this product, etc.

Then I'd like to know if SignVox is being demonstrated at any upcoming venues or how to get real information about how the software works other than signing up for a webinar. Don't you at least have a simple brochure that gives actual explanations as to the specifications of the program?

tonywhittier

I actually just started my business this past week (Yes brand new to the sign industry) and I decided to start doing things the correct way right out of the box. So I decided to purchase SignVox and man I think its the smartest thing I've done yet. Kevin is amazing to work with and the program is beyond amazing.

:U Rock:

Kevin-shopVOX

Kevin, I was curious about the software so I looked at the website and poked around a little but now I'm very confused and would like a little explanation/disclosure. First of all, the SignVox website has a lot to say but doesn't tell you anything, after looking it over I'm still not sure what your software does, plus I can't see anything at all on the images that are displayed.

I clicked on your homepage link in your Signs101 avatar and it takes me to Lake Graphics, an independant sign company in Maine which apparently you are associated with. You also advertise Build-A-Sign on your Lake Graphics website. There are also numerous references to Sign-A-Rama on the SignVox website.

If you don't mind, I'd like to know where this full circle goes and what are the connections between you, SignVox, Sign-A-Rama, Lake Graphics, Build-A-Sign and anything else that we should know about in the interest of full disclosure, such as was this application developed for, by, or is it owned by Sign-A-Rama, is it now standard issue to Sign-A-Rama franchises, is there any ownership connection between SignVox and Build-A-Sign, are there any other national franchises connected with this product, etc.

Then I'd like to know if SignVox is being demonstrated at any upcoming venues or how to get real information about how the software works other than signing up for a webinar. Don't you at least have a simple brochure that gives actual explanations as to the specifications of the program?

Ok you asked for it. :)

I'd be more than happy to clarify anything as I and all of us at SignVOX have nothing to hide. Here is the story for you and anyone else that maybe curious or confused. I will start with a little bit about me and how I got involved.

First, SignVOX is a comprehensive package that not only provides quick and easy estimating and invoicing but provides online proofing, electronic job board, online job management, sales lead managment and business intelligence all within one application. It does this with unlimited users, from any computer as well as any mobile device. Its the first true software that allows you to quote, email, manage jobs, send proofs all from your phone should you want to. Heck, it even updates your Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Secondly, I'm a sign guy. I love this industry and can't ever picture myself doing anything else. I've been involved with it for over 10 years and over 15 as a graphic artist. I got involved with the sign business when my family bought a small mom and pop shop and asked me if wanted to be their sign guy since I had a graphic background. Sure..how hard can it be right? A year later I finally felt like I was starting to get a grasp on it. So I did that for a few years then got married then found out my wife didn't really like Central FL. So we moved to New England, where she grew up, thinking I would have no problem finding a job I said let's do it. Wasn't that easy.

That is when I decided to form Lake Graphics. Built myself a rudimentary site and was in business for myself. Woo hoo! Well turns out I didn't like the cold weather a whole lot...so back down to FL we went. This time not back to the sign shop but I found a job as an operations advisor for a very large sign franchise we know as SIGNARAMA. Basically I was responsible to help all FL franchises grow their business in all aspects. Marketing, sales, financial analysis, teaching them to make signs...the entire gamut of running a retail sign business. I did that for a year before I was promoted to the cool title of Business Development Manager of...get this...the North East.

At the same time my wife and I had just had our first child. So wanting to be back near family where she is from in New Hampshire, we went from sunny FL to just over the border into Maine. (Southern Maine though...way warmer.) For 3 years I traveled the globe working with SIGNARAMA franchise owners to help them grow their business. I had a lot of fun and developed some pretty good skills in business management specifically related to the sign shop. However it was starting to feel like groundhog's day. Very repetitive.

In the summer of 2010 while still working for SIGNARAMA corporate at a trade show I came across two guys with a product named SignVOX. It was fairly rough but they were convinced it was a solution the industry needed. I agreed. I instantly thought this was what we as the largest sign franchise should be using especially compared to what the current offering was. So even though I wasn't technically supposed to I saw the writing on the wall. I started promoting it as a solution to my franchisees that I worked with. Slowly I started getting sign-ups, even though SignVOX, wasn't the preferred POS. I started making calls to SignVOX talking with Rao (co-owner) just telling him I thought it was awesome, i loved it etc, and Rao was happy to have me promote it with no strings attached. I simply believed it was better.
At the same time SignVOX was working to become the preferred vendor of POS for SIGNARAMA. With my endorsement and with corporate seeing the value to their business, they made the switch. My wife & I had our second child, I was tired of traveling and I left SIGNARAMA. SignVOX's relationship with SIGNARAMA is simply this. They are the preferred vendor. All new SIGNARAMAs use SignVOX, and the existing ones are being marketed to sign up. That is it. We are not affiliated with any other sign franchise offerings.

3 months later I got a call from Rao of SignVOX asking me if I'd be interested in helping them promote this to the general sign public. I saw this as an opportunity for me and my family to grow in all aspects so I accepted. In all reality I'm sorta a perfect fit. I know business and pricing, I know their biggest client, and I'm a sign nerd so that will make it easier to get to know the good folks like you. Yes this year we are going to be attending all of the major shows, ISA, SGIA, NBM shows etc. So anyone that goes to any of those stop on by to say hi and see the software.

Yes the site doesn't show you much, as it is basically just a brochure. You can right click on the images to enlarge for a better view. I am in the middle of making a few videos, I do hope that makes it easier for those that might feel the webinar is an inconvenience. However, I can tell you that webinars are much more involved, you get to see the product inside and out from someone who knows how to use, and even better - you get to ask questions. Can it do this, how would you do that, etc etc. They only take an hour of your time, and I'm trying to be as accommodating as possible by letting you tell me when you want to attend. I've done them at just about every hour of the day. If you want to learn about it, take a webinar or come to the booth at one of the shows next year.

All this time I have always maintained Lake Graphics. A wise friend once told me you should always have multiple forms of income and that is one that always gave me extra cash. When I left corporate Lake Graphics is what I have been doing to support my family and pay my bills. I put the Build A Sign link on there as I was simply a re-seller. Why? Because it was an additional source of income if any one wanted to buy online at that given point. I couldn't afford a design your own and didn't want to really build an ecommerce deal. But if anyone went to my site and wanted to design or buy online they could. Want to know how many sales I've gotten from it? $0. It's worthless, but then again I don't drive traffic to it either. I think you might be the only person that has even noticed it. My Google Analytics report will now show 1 click :) Plain and simple - SignVOX is not in any way associated with them. It was simply my decision to put it on MY site a long time ago. Yes I still operate Lake Graphics. Yes I do well in local searches. Yes I will always have it. Why? Because it is part of how I support my family. And I love the sign business. I like to design, install and make stuff, that comes with a check at the end of it. However, at the moment it isn't my focus as growing SignVOX is. But when the website and referrals works as they often do I certainly don't turn it down. Don't worry though I price what the market bears, never undercutting for the sake of getting a job. That's just bad business. Honestly the only reason you found Lake Graphics was I forgot to change it as I have been a signs101 member a long time. Maybe I should change my homepage link here now though? Nah..its good to have some link power out there.

I hope this helps bring everything full circle.

Kevin-shopVOX

I actually just started my business this past week (Yes brand new to the sign industry) and I decided to start doing things the correct way right out of the box. So I decided to purchase SignVox and man I think its the smartest thing I've done yet. Kevin is amazing to work with and the program is beyond amazing.

:U Rock:
Tony you da' man! Looking forward to helping you grow!

GB2

Old Member
Well, thank you Kevin. I think that was more of an explanation than I even asked for and I think it completely clears the air surrounding the SignVox story. Obviously the product must speak for itself as it seems to be getting nothing but rave reviews from anyone who has tried it. Good luck to you with all your business ventures!