• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Warehouse! Good or bad?

Brcuda

I am a "Newbie" to the vinyl and sign world. I am looking into Buying a Roland GX-24 and a Mighty Clam press. I live in Texas so Sign Warehouse is close to me. I have read some threads putting them down. Are they that bad, or just a few people with bad experiences? Are there other good places in Texas to buy equipment and supplies from?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Doesn't seem like a fair question to me.

SignWarehouse is a huge company with thousands of customers and a ton of products. They do a lot of business. The fact that they do as much business as they do should tell you they must be doing something right. The fact that you can find some posts about a bad experience with them is confirmation that they are operated by humans.

I can say that in the last 12 to 18 months they have made a number of positive changes to reduce the incidences of poorly handled transactions.

My suggestion to you is that if you find them convenient and like what you see, give them a try. The chances are you will have a pleasant experience. If they let you down then shop elsewhere in the future.

Brcuda

Thank you Fred.
People are people, we all make mistakes. I like to deal with locals, but was looking for input from people with experience. I have been in sales long enough to know that you hear all the bad things about other shops, as well as they hear the bad things about you.

RebeckaR

My experience with them has been very good. I've purchased 2 plotters from them and a bit of vinyl over the years as well. They are not my main source for materials, as it's quicker to order from a more local supplier, but I do use them from time to time.

When the motor went out on my panther - of course right in the middle of my busy time - a call to tech support at 10 at night... they overnighted a new one to me and I was back up and running in a day and a half. Since it was still under warranty, I paid the 25.00 shipping and that was it.

I have found it to be beneficial to call in my order rather than place it online. That way your sales rep can check inventory to avoid backorders and usually they have some kind of free stuff that they throw in as well.

Jim Doggett

I am a "Newbie" to the vinyl and sign world. I am looking into Buying a Roland GX-24 and a Mighty Clam press. I live in Texas so Sign Warehouse is close to me. I have read some threads putting them down. Are they that bad, or just a few people with bad experiences? Are there other good places in Texas to buy equipment and supplies from?

Good. Definitely! :^)

OK; maybe I'm a smidge biased. So many thanks to Fred for offering some kind and objective criticism.

We do serve a very large client-base; and while it's no excuse that any one of who honors us with their confidence is anything short of delighted, making everyone happy is a goal, not a certainty.

I can say we invest heavily in support. It's available during extended weekday hours and on weekends. And when it comes to great deals, I can say, unequivocally: we have the best deals on top-quality brands. Period.

So hope you'll give us a shot. If we fall short of your expectations, call me. My cell is 206.384.7078.

Best Regards,

Jim

P

ProWraps™

ive bought probably 60k worth of stuff from them over the years. they have made some mistakes. many times they are on top of them. several times, they are completely rediculously incompetent like as of late. but what are you gonna do? its not much chance that any other supplier will be better.

but i will tell you, they have quite possibly the WORST shipping option for large equipment. we wont purchase any more machines from them due to this reason.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA..................​
Why don't you go to a Trade Show and find out first hand what you want to do with your money ??

Being in sales and making an educated decision on starting up a business doesn't necessarily mean you know what you're doing in any business. Sounds to me as if you need to do some more research.

• Were you any good at sales in your last job ??
  • Why did you decide to leave 'Sales' and go into sign making ??
  • Is sign making going to be full time or part-time for you ??
  • How much knowledge do you have in this field as of now ??
  • How much effort are you willing to put into your business ??

I mean, if you want to hear credible answers, we need to know what we're investing into also..............:clapping:

I've heard and read in many magazines that sales people are terrible to deal with and are a bunch of liars...... I mean afterall people are people and you can't get anymore local opinions than from the internet.... huh ??

Ya see how you sound to others ?? :peace!:

Jim Doggett

ive bought probably 60k worth of stuff from them over the years. they have made some mistakes. many times they are on top of them. several times, they are completely rediculously incompetent like as of late. but what are you gonna do? its not much chance that any other supplier will be better.

but i will tell you, they have quite possibly the WORST shipping option for large equipment. we wont purchase any more machines from them due to this reason.

Ouch! What happened?

biggieg

I bought my first machine from them 12 years ago and we had a ton of service issues. Once the 1 year warranty ran out we threw it away the next time it broke down.

GregT

Welcome aboard..

I have not had problems with them in the past. We all have bad days where things don't go right. The key is that they take care of problems when they arise.

high impact

I am NOT a fan of sign warehouse and my experience with their support can be described in one word - incompetent. I quit buying from them a couple of years ago.

Jackpine

They have always been good for me. They do try to get it right. With Jerry Barrex on board they are doing better than ever in customer service.

signrios

they are a good company, i only have had one problem about a year ago returning a vinyl roller, after a few calls everything it went smother, i like to use them to get my vinyl, but
they are 3 days shipping for me.
i always talk to ruby not very clear on her english but very helpful good thing i speak spanish, so she is always my sales rep.
so sometimes i end up using n.glantz another good company in San Antonio,Tx.

Everyone has their opinions, but I'll tell you this:

My experience with SignWarehouse has been top notch, I couldn't have asked for better service, both in customer service & tech support. I've been extremely pleased, and unless things take a DRASTIC turn, I will continue to use them. My advice, give them a shot, then develop your opinion. It all comes down to customer service, and for me - SignWarehouse has been great, and I deal with several suppliers.