• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Warehouse Q54 more expensive than 54" Graphtec...... how?

ThatGriffGuy

I am in the process of pricing 54" plotters and just noticed that from Sign Warehouse the Q54 with LXi Master Plus is more expensive than an actual Graphtec FC8600-130 also with LXi Master Plus. How does this make any sense? Is the Q-Series not a Graphtec knock off? Shouldn't it be cheaper?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's the software. Signwearhouse is adding the extra cost on for the software which is way overpriced for a vinyl cutting software.Just buy the Graphtec which comes with it's own software. It's a sales technique. The machine is cheaper and they add the software that you don't need and they just hope that you don't realize there are other options.

ThatGriffGuy

Both the Q54 and the FC8600-130 come with the LXi Master Plus.

I don’t mind the LXi Software since I am very familiar with it. I just didnt see how they could justify their branded plotter with less features costing more than an original Graphtec with the same software bundle. Maybe it’s the ARMS.

Last edited:

henryz

The Graphtec software is just fine if you don't have Signlab, Flexi or similar. You can export from Corel or Illustrator and cut.

ThatGriffGuy

Thanks for the info! I have only ever used LXi and I am decent at using Illustrator. If the software from Graphtec is anything like LXi as far as featured that would be just fine with me.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thanks for the info! I have only ever used LXi and I am decent at using Illustrator. If the software from Graphtec is anything like LXi as far as featured that would be just fine with me.
You should be good to go
The free Cutting Master 4 from Graphtec is made by SAi so it looks a lot like Flexi - so it should look a lot like Lxi too.
cm4.jpg

ThatGriffGuy

That production manager screen looks a lot like flexi. Would you mind sharing a screen shot of the design platform for the software?

Edit: Workspace... couldn't think of the word lol

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Basically, these companies make more profit selling one particular machine over another, so if they point you in a certain direction, you're probably just pushing more profit through their books.

Kinda like going to a fast food place. The soda costs them about 3 cents, but they'll supersede it for only the cost of getting other things.

ThatGriffGuy

Thanks for the informations guys. I have found that the Q54 does not come with ARMS so that is a no go for it I will be getting the Graphtec FC 8600-130. I still enjoy running LXi so I will probably drop the $1200 for it. I don't need or want full blown Flexi because I don't need it to print and do not care for the price tag!

JBarraxSW

GriffGuy,
I'm sorry you were misinformed but the Q54 does include ARMS. The price listed does include LXI software, which is added so that customers have an easy to use vector sign software package. It shortens the learning curve, especially when compared to Adobe Illustrator.

rrd

Sign warehouse has serious customer service issues. Tried dealing with them this morning and unless you pay for the tech support package you will not get any help from them. Spend a shit ton of money on a cutter and they can not even support it. No sure how they stay in business, I guess a enough new sign shops pop everyday that they do not need repeat business.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Thanks for the informations guys. I have found that the Q54 does not come with ARMS so that is a no go for it I will be getting the Graphtec FC 8600-130. I still enjoy running LXi so I will probably drop the $1200 for it. I don't need or want full blown Flexi because I don't need it to print and do not care for the price tag!
We have the Q54 and it most definitely has ARMS.

JBarraxSW

Sign warehouse has serious customer service issues. Tried dealing with them this morning and unless you pay for the tech support package you will not get any help from them. Spend a shit ton of money on a cutter and they can not even support it. No sure how they stay in business, I guess a enough new sign shops pop everyday that they do not need repeat business.

RRD, I'm sorry you feel that way.
Actually we do offer support at no charge via our Support blog and extensive library of videos and tutorials. That Basic Support is free for all customers all the time.
Our new SW Care packages are designed to allow us to focus our staff on the customers who need assistance more quickly, so not everyone receives toll free telephone support, but it is available with a SW Care package. This is not much different from what many companies of our scale are doing. It has helped our staff to reduce response times and provide even higher quality support to those who need it most.
In addition to toll free phone support, we offer various levels that include live chat and email support, and extended warranty coverage, which is effective for most customers.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
If I misunderstood your post, my apologies- but if I wouldn't even consider a production machine that wasn't backed by technical support I could actually speak to- for free- for at least six months to a year, depending on what was spent and what the equipment is- and I sure as hell wouldn't pay extra for it, and it'd better be 100% support, not "basic." Expecting customers to troubleshoot a new machine is ludicrous. And is this blog monitored continuously from 8am Eastern to 5pm Pacific during the work week? Does it feature some way for customers to have direct contact with techs? If not, calling it "support" is laughable, and expecting customers whose machines should still be under warranty to only receive marginal support is, in my opinion, poor business.

visual800

DO NOT buy this machine. Get a summa. I owned a Q plotter from signwarehouse and for some reason after 2 years it messed up. I ended up throwing it on ebay "as is" and bought a summa. It wouldnt track long runs over 12', it was literally a POS. Support wanted to charge me (of course, as I said 2 years) and I had just had enough