Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sign/Wrap Shops in North Orlando...

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by JordanPriebe, Aug 11, 2011.

1. JordanPriebe

JordanPriebe New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Hey all!

I just moved to Altamonte Springs FL (N. Orlando) from Phoenix AZ, to study Marketing at University of Central Florida. Anyone hiring?

Right now I'm a Freelance graphic designer with 5+ years experience in Logo & Advertisement Design, looking for a job mainly in the sign or vehicle wrap business. I am very interested in cars and Drag racing, inspiring me to move on to this new form of marketing. I've never wrapped anything or printed large scale prints yet, but I am %110 willing to learn anything I need to know. I am young and hard working so breaks... What are breaks? Lol

Just trying to put my foot in the door. I attached some wrap samples I have came up with, I also have samples of my other graphic design work if you would like to see. Thanks & let me know!

[email protected]

Attached Files:

2. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Welcome to Orlando and UCF

A fine school indeed, I've worked with a student in marketing and he did a great job hoping to do more, they must be teaching something right.

As far as jobs only a few from Orlando in Signs 101, after seeing your samples at least they are readable which says a alot compared to most sign & print shops here in Orlando do, you will find 100s of shops here in Central Florida area so you might have better luck searching & contacting them in person but you will most likely be amazed how low pay might be, on the upside used to be 1,000s of sign shops.

I do 95% plus by hand and there is 12 digital sign & print shops within less then 5 miles of me. so good luck in your search you will also be competing with Full Sail students.

3. JordanPriebe

JordanPriebe New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Thanks man,
    Yeah Wraps left and right of me when I'm out on the road, more than Arizona.
    But I am willing to compete, gotta start somewhere ya know!