• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab 10

heyskull

Yes it's on the way!!!! Well let's hope and pray that at last they are running a true 32 bit programme. Because it is about 5 years behind every other design software. SC

heyskull

Cadlink have contacted me. Signlab 10 to be launched in the UK on the 19th at the Sign & Digital show http://www.signuk.com/ I love Signlab but their has been some huge holes in it which is still a 32 bit programme. This has supposedly been addressed and has been upgraded to 64 bit so it will be able to run better on multi core machine. But their are so many other things that have to be addressed with it. This has to be the ultimate upgrade or it will fall flat on its face. SC

DEANO 55

Lets hope Cadlink have got their act together with Signlab 10, they have been difficult to deal with to say the least. I love my signlab 9.1 but I struggle with their lack of back up and how hard it is to sort out a problem.
They really need to sort their **** out! I have been a loyal signlab user for around 22 years now and have 5 copies here in my shop, it may not mean alot to them, but it sure as hell means alot to me as this is my livlihood. I still cant get signlab to talk to my Roland pro 4 through my network..........The good old salesman are happy to sell you the upgrades and the extra copies, but they all run for cover when you have a problem because signlab are too tight *** to give the training, they even want to charge for their university DVDS. They should be free of charge to help sell their product, which for the most part is pretty good.

I hope someone from Signlab reads this and can help with my frustration by maybe contacting me and having a chat

Rant over :)

Hope im not in trouble, lol

heyskull

I ran the new version 10 for the trial period.
I was not impressed.
Their is nothing new.

Supposed to be faster than the old 32 bit program but in 64 bit format it actually took twice as long to perform a supersize task!!

It still runs as previous in separate windows, which I was so hoping it would have been like corel and adobe running inside the programme.

Why would you upgrade?
I am sure with the original coding even I could of got signlab running 64 bit.

Very disappointed Cadlink, could do a lot better than just changing the colours of the icons and background.

SC

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I ran the new version 10 for the trial period.
I was not impressed.
Their is nothing new.

Supposed to be faster than the old 32 bit program but in 64 bit format it actually took twice as long to perform a supersize task!!

It still runs as previous in separate windows, which I was so hoping it would have been like corel and adobe running inside the programme.

Why would you upgrade?
I am sure with the original coding even I could of got signlab running 64 bit.

Very disappointed Cadlink, could do a lot better than just changing the colours of the icons and background.

SC

What do you mean nothing new?
Now with CYMK bitmap support!:omg:
(it didn't have this before?)

I just reluctantly upgraded my CS5 to the Cloud
Some nice new stuff and some (old) not-good stuff unchanged.
Seems like it wastes a lot of time surfing the web checking in with it's Adobe overlord.

I have the Mutoh version of Flexi sign and print coming with a new printer - should be interesting to see how much better it is over 8.6 I use now.
(people that sell Flexi seem to like it a lot.....)

wayne k
guam usa

Vinyldog

Currently running the Versaworks edition of SL. And chance there will be an edition for the HP three series?

heyskull

What do you mean nothing new?
Now with CYMK bitmap support!:omg:
(it didn't have this before?)

I just reluctantly upgraded my CS5 to the Cloud
Some nice new stuff and some (old) not-good stuff unchanged.
Seems like it wastes a lot of time surfing the web checking in with it's Adobe overlord.

I have the Mutoh version of Flexi sign and print coming with a new printer - should be interesting to see how much better it is over 8.6 I use now.
(people that sell Flexi seem to like it a lot.....)

wayne k
guam usa

Ooops I forgot about the CMYK bitmap support but this program should have had that once it started venturing into digital printing many years ago.
It seems everything Cadlink are trying to do with this program is about a decade behind corel and adobe.

I wanted something breath taking, but it just feels as they have just re-hashed it all together with very little thought.
They just want us to pay out again for an upgrade.
Also their has been some very very steep price drops in Cadlinks products which has devalued what we bought when it was very expensive!

SC

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
It seems everything Cadlink are trying to do with this program is about a decade behind corel and adobe.

I've wondered the same...

I wanted something breath taking, but it just feels as they have just re-hashed it all together with very little thought.

Ditto...other than the 64 bit...no new bells and whistles...just a re-package with a few new icons and a new release number.

Also their has been some very very steep price drops in Cadlinks products which has devalued what we bought when it was very expensive!

Probably my biggest issue. You can surely bet there will be nothing significant improved while the MSRP continues its freefall.

JB

David Wright

I've wondered the same...

Ditto...other than the 64 bit...no new bells and whistles...just a re-package with a few new icons and a new release number.

Probably my biggest issue. You can surely bet there will be nothing significant improved while the MSRP continues its freefall.

JB

I have said this a few times since their big giveaway last year. I have many thousands invested in this over the years, which I always assumed would hold a good value. For the price they gave to buy last year, that would be the price I paid just for the upgrade from version 8 to 9. Just so I can run on a newer version of windows.