• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

signlab 8 - how do I bring a file in using the colour specs from illy?

gabagoo

I have noticed that my SignLab when importing files, seems to switch everything to rgb and you don't really know the true colour the designer requested.

Is there a setting to bring files in as they were saved? cmyk?

i cant seem to find anything

lexsigns

are you importing as eps, ai or pdf? I think if you do pdf it should reatin the cmyk colors. Are they your ai files or some one elses. I would open in Illy and try saving as pdf if that doesnt do it try eps
PM if you want me to see what happens in 9 (or 8 for that matter)
Good lluck :)

d fleming

When you import file on the custom color assignment tab say yes to cut paths and then on next tab click assign colors

gabagoo

When you import file on the custom color assignment tab say yes to cut paths and then on next tab click assign colors

I dont think I have ever seen this option but will be on the lookout. Nope, just tried importing an eps file and outside of the 3 choices on how i want to import the file , thats it... I may have turned that option off as I know the box you might be describing. Is there a way to reactivate it?