• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

signlab 8 running from usb port

gabagoo

anybody know how to configure the usb port? I can see no options in my settings although my plotter has a usb port...... Maybe I need a different driver as I could not find my graphtec fc4100-130 in plotter options

gabagoo

To run the plotter with the USB port you need to download the windows drive from Graphtec.

ty gonna go check it out OK now it tells me the drivers are on my disk.... but the disk has no drivers for win7 ....

I guess I be calling Graphtec tomorrow.

gabagoo

Graphtec says that the usb port in my machine will not work no matter what i do. he suggested I buy a usb to serial port cable. I ran out to Tiger Direct and purchased this although the packaging says usbto db25 female paralel printer cable. It looks correct and hooks up right, but I dont have it connected via the paralel port but the serial port which seems to fit the cable.... who knows any of this stuff. My mind is melting ...it's been many years since I had to deal with serial or paralel.