• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab 8 / VPM

No Name

I´m still using Signlab 8 / VPM (I know, I know, it´s ols) for printig stuff with my old Mutoh.
This problem occured yesterday for the first time ever. VPM doesn´t recognise jpg files.
I was doing some posters that contain vectors, fonts and jpg pictures and VPM errors every time there is a jpg. When I take the pictures away (leaving vectors and fonts) everything is fine.

What could cause this?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The jpg might be corrupted. Does it do it on all files with a jpg in it or just the one you are working on now?

timgo

Graphics Designer
I´m still using Signlab 8 / VPM (I know, I know, it´s ols) for printig stuff with my old Mutoh.
This problem occured yesterday for the first time ever. VPM doesn´t recognise jpg files.
I was doing some posters that contain vectors, fonts and jpg pictures and VPM errors every time there is a jpg. When I take the pictures away (leaving vectors and fonts) everything is fine.

What could cause this?
Convert jpg files to pdf and use it.

No Name

That was first conclusion also but I tried other jpgs as well and they did not work any better.

timgo

Graphics Designer

What could cause this?
Uninstall SignLab 8 and install it again.

No Name

Could this be an issue with Corel Draw?
Just realised that older files with vectors, fonts and jpgs work fine but not the new files I´m doing...

I´ll make some files with Gimp and such tomorrow to find out...

Last edited:

timgo

Graphics Designer
That´s a good idea. Do I need to remember / find some id number or something to reinstall?

You can upgrade your SignLab 8.0 Print and Cut to Version 10 for $ 600.
You can use your Motoh in Windows 7, 8 and 10.

No Name

You can upgrade your SignLab 8.0 Print and Cut to Version 10 for $ 600.
You can use your Motoh in Windows 7, 8 and 10.
I don´t like Signlab enough to upgrade it. If I need to get a new rip, I´ll get something else.

unclebun

If it's only with jpg's you've made in a newer version of Corel Draw, could it be that you've inadvertently been making CMYK jpg files instead of RGB in the new version?

BUCKY

What could cause this?
Pardon me but what is "ols"?