• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab 9.0!!!!!!

heyskull

I have just noticed Signlab 9.0 has been released.
We are still on version 7.0!!!!
And so far I have only ever upgraded every other version so is it time to change?

I learned a long time ago Signlab was way too complicated as a RIP so I don't want it for that I will be using it as a design tool.

Or maybe they have just added more plugins.

The big question is it worth it?

SC

schmitty

If you are looking to upgrade just for the design tool aspect, I think you might be disappointed. The text tool has some more functionality. They have enhanced the bitmap capabilities (but for me, I still use photoshop for these type functions). There are other items, but these stick out the most for me.

Where the upgrade really shines is in the Visual RIP/Print & Cut Manager.

Good Luck!

heyskull

So if like me you aren't using Signlabs RIP it isn't worth the upgrade!!!!!!
I truly was hoping for something new.
Maybe I was hoping they had tidied up the rough way Signlab renders to the screen.
I may spend the money on Corel or something similair.

SC

Mosh

I have been using SignLab since version 1, I DO NOT plan on wasting my money.
The last couple of upgrades were NOT worth the cost!

heyskull

I looked at Signlab 8 when it first came out but couldn't see any difference either.
I have been given a good offer to upgrade our 3 copies of 7.1 but I will not be using Signlabs RIP so it seems like money wasted.

SC

andy

The small answer is NO.

If you get on the Corel "bus" you can easily afford to keep upgrading... the move from v12 to x4 was something like £170..... with none of that stupid dongle malarky to worry about.

V12 was the best Corel version for a long time.... X4 has more things which might interest print peeps.... X5 has upgraded import export filters which finally allow you to import stupid compressed AI files.

If you just want a vector design setup you'll never beat Corel... you'll get the Corel version of Photoshop chucked in along with the latest trace engine which is cracking.

nickm

The best bit of SL 9 for me is that you can now cut from VPM form most cutters, not used it for printting for years as we have versaworks.

Also just use CS4 now and can just send cuts to the VPM!

Nick

Gary Wiant

I use Signlab for all printing and cutting and have no issues at all. The new VPM is awesome as is the new transperancy features. If you are not sure of the features you can now download Signlab 9 10 day trial on their website, no restrictions on the software it is a full print & cut trial.

Later

heyskull

I have had a look on Cadlinks website and it says 9 isn't avaiable as a demo download.
Where did you get the download from?

Thanks
SC

Milo

We just upgraded to Signlab 9 from version 8, and was extremely disappointed. Nothing new or fresh. I actually like the version 8 icon displays much better than the 9. The icons look more like a kids software than professional software. I've been with Signlab since they were Thermozone and have stayed with them for cutting interface ability more than their design functions.

Asuma01

I use Signlab Vinyl Pro. . I still design in Corel Draw and export to signlab for final touchup and cutting.