• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab Accuscan help!!

Jerico

Hey everyone,

I'm working on a final project using vinyl for school. I'm trying to cut out a bunch of stencils, but there is a lingering problem that happens 50% of the time.

Whenever I use Accuscan, the trace of the image sometimes comes out all funky. For some reason, the trace will either want to go around the object twice, branch out towards the borders, or sometimes make little tiny circles along the edge of the trace.

It doesn't happen with all the stencils that I'm using, but I just don't understand why it is doing it! I am using only black & white, and the stencils are vector images so the edges are not that grainy.

I am using Signlab 5.0. Any help is appreciated!

Mosh

The art has to be fairly smooth to start with. Play around with the settings.
It is a pretty basic trace program, but works well. We have used it since Signlab V2.

Dave Drane

You may want to look at your scanner settings too because a bad bitmap will only produse a bad accuscan. Scan the design at a higher DPI. and make for a larger bitmap too and when you accuscan go fo less points.

heyskull

Most images that I have to vectorise are unsuitable to auto trace.
If you really want to trace something digitize it on screen this is always the best way.
I have had customers in my shop literally jaw dropped with how fast I can create something from a shabby piece of paper.

SC

Jerico

will a bitmap trace better than a jpeg? It's still a hit or miss for me whenever I have black silhouette on white background.