• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignLab or Plotter?

Artist369

So if you look at the attached image i have a few issues with how it cut and i am not sure why. I have SignLab v9, i use a Mimaki CG 160FX. I brought in one of those boxes into the plot window and tiled it 10 up and 5 over. All of the boxes should be lined up with each other. And i have no idea what happened to the box that all of the letters are stepped down from each other. Has anyone seen this happen before? Recently i have also had the centers of smaller letters cut out of place from the letter. Not sure if the issues are related. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• mishap.jpg
    mishap.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 423

JR's

I am going to say it is the plotter.
Any version of sign lab should not automatically change a couple of boxes or alignment.

I've notice you're using punched vinyl. Our you using a sprocket fed plotter or friction?
My old Plotter would not do this to me but my new plotter did. When I align the friction feet with the holes in the vinyl
she would skew off a little bit. Almost like what you have there. And on long script like letters they would be wavy pots that shouldn't be there.

So I am going to say plotter.

Artist369

It is a friction fed plotter. And i've had the vinyl run before on long cuts, but not like this. Usually when the vinyl runs it would be a diagonal line, not step up or down.