• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs 365 shocking service

Pat Whatley

Placed an order for several coro signs and a banner from Signs 365 Tuesday. The packages were printed and shipped...and just happened to be on the UPS plane which crashed in Birmingham yesterday.

Signs365 apparently received the notice from UPS, immediately reprinted the signs and overnighted them to me.

I went to UPS this morning to pick up the packages, gave them the tracking numbers, found out they'd been destroyed. I got on the phone with Signs365, fully expecting them to make it a pain in the butt to get reprints and expecting to have to pay the difference to have them overnighted to me. I was shocked when they gave me new tracking numbers, told me the problem had already been solved, and the printing was sitting in the UPS hub waiting on me.

Just wanted to mention it because I'm still a little surprised that I didn't even have to ask...Signs365 saw the problem and even though it was in no way their fault they fixed it.

(on a side note while I was at UPS there were people everywhere raising hell that their overnight packages had been lost in the crash and demanding the UPS clerks do something about it. It was kind of infuriating seeing how obnoxious people can be. It's not like the stuff got left off a truck or shipped to the wrong hub....a damn plane fell out of the sky, killed the pilots, and destroyed stuff. Gotta cut UPS a little slack for missing a delivery in that case.)

...and no, Addie didn't tell me to post this. :wink:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Man, that's awesome. Talk about going above and beyond for something that wasn't their problem. Pretty cool.

Billct2

The culture of self in this country is getting obnoxious "I don't care that two families lost their dad (or mother) and a bunch of responders had to risk their lives handling the mess, or the milions of dollars lost, I want my beer koozies I got on ebay now!"

GWSigns

The culture of self in this country is getting obnoxious "I don't care that two families lost their dad (or mother) and a bunch of responders had to risk their lives handling the mess, or the milions of dollars lost, I want my beer koozies I got on ebay now!"

Exactly - having worked in Ecommerce for 12 years, when I heard this story I could already hear the cries of the selfish, self-centered masses.

As I always tell my godchildren - Life goes on, be greatful you have the opportunity to ride the wave!

Pat Whatley

Since I've been asked several times this is what the UPS tracking looks like. People have been really curious about that.

Attachments

• ups report.jpg
    ups report.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 123

Dan Antonelli

I just placed my first order with them yesterday for some banners I needed for a bike race we're sponsoring. One day turnaround and shipped following day. My designer only ordered one instead of two - called at 5:40 and someone answered the phone, said they'd print another one that night so it could ship next day. Wow. Service like that, is how you do it.

qmr55

Since I've been asked several times this is what the UPS tracking looks like. People have been really curious about that.

We've had a few issues like this, i.e. truck crashed, facility got flooded, facility got hurt by Sandy. Never was upset but noticed how upset some people got when it was completely out of UPS's hands and they would do anything to make it right.

headfirst

We had something coming from texas last month that was delayed a few days. The tracking said TRAIN DERAILED

UPS is pretty specific about it when there are problems.