• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Signs2Trade Window Perf

ChicagoGraphics

I just ordered some vinyl decals from them last week and they came laminated but it was not mentioned when I ordered them. I think they laminate all adhisve vinyls.

jkdbjj

If the price seem unusually low then no it’s not laminated
I slightly recall they don’t laminate it.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Window perf NOT laminated? Can you imagine the fun of installing that?

I doubt your customer will be happy with all the dirt in the holes after it rains.

nomadme

I have installed window perf on vehicles, haven't heard any complain about dirt in the holes though.

But it kind of makes sense. :)

bigben

Window perf NOT laminated? Can you imagine the fun of installing that?

I doubt your customer will be happy with all the dirt in the holes after it rains.

I've never laminate window perf and it's one of the easiest material to install. Never had complain either about the dirt and I'm in Canada with real winters.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Dirty, salty roads here.

I've never bought window perf from them, but see it's not recommended for vehicles.

TheSnowman

I've only installed window perf on entry doors and building windows, but I've never once used laminate on it since it was short term. It installed way easier than any solid vinyl, and removed great. I'd think it'd be harder to install with a laminate on it.

pp_ceo

I’ve never laminated window perf either and I’ve had installs up over a year in Wisconsin. No issues going up or down. Laminated perf would be a pain I would think.

jkdbjj

The issue isn’t really lam or no lam
The issue is only one type of lam can be used.
If you don’t use optically clear lam then the view through is foggy and looks bad defeating the purpose of perf.

Optically clear lam is historically expensive and a hard up sell considering so many go without lam.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Sorry I've only sold with lam. I can't imagine these customers with no lam trying to clean their windows. Most establishments(that have window graphics) have a high turn over rate, so I imagine many of these windows(with perf on them) often get cleaned with Windex by some unknowing new employee.

Have fun with that one, new employee.

jkdbjj

That’s great if you are getting compensated for the optically clear laminate. You are using that as opposed to regular lam right?

Also you should be adding at least another 2/sqft to cover th cost of optically clear.

However, it should be clear many are telling you they have perf up for years without issue non laminated.

I do both but have no problem trusting with or without based on experience.