• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs365 And Contour Cuts

JoySigns

I've used Signs365 for years with great results. However, I've never used their contour cutting service and have a bunch of decals that will need it. Can anyone tell me how precise they are, or do I need to look elsewhere? Thanks for any advice on this.

Cynosure

I have used it a few times and what i noticed is the larger your piece, the more variance you will notice. Small 18" x 24" pieces were good, but 42" x 84" pieces i had to trim.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

JERHEMI

Just put a bleed on everything that is color. Then if the cut is off a little bit, it's not noticeable.

JoySigns

See this logo (I didn't create this design)? I basically need it cut out as the C shape. I don't know how I would put a bleed on it. 5" or so inches tall.

Attachments

• C exported.jpg
    C exported.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

legacyborn

Always had amazing results with one small exception, Occasionally the cut isn't deep enough and you have to either hand cut through some of the cuts or call them up to have them redo them. Also cuts over 10' need to contact them when you place the order so they use the right machine.

JERHEMI

See this logo (I didn't create this design)? I basically need it cut out as the C shape. I don't know how I would put a bleed on it. 5" or so inches tall.

For this I would tell them to do a small negative offset path, which means instead of cutting right on the path, it cuts slightly inside the path. Doing this results in your actual path becoming the bleed.

toucan_graphics

I have used it a few times and what i noticed is the larger your piece, the more variance you will notice. Small 18" x 24" pieces were good, but 42" x 84" pieces i had to trim.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

For larger sizes you need to add tons more registration marks... (Been there done that with signs365). I usually have them on all margins every 4 inches or so on files larger than 2x2 feet

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We do alot of contour cutting and you don't need to worry about placing registration marks, we do that. Our Zund cutter is pretty accurate.