• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signvox alternative and migration of invoices.

petesign

In the last year, I drastically downsized my shop. Its just me and 2 other people now. Back when I had 2 sellers and 3-4 people in production, signvox made a lot of sense. Now I am really the only person writing invoices, and its easy to keep track of everything going on in the shop. I was thinking about moving away from Vox, and then they hit me with the price increase per month, and honestly - I'm not using the job board or half of the other tools I was to track performance, etc. I'd like access to my old invoices for re-orders, etc... but I can't justify $2000 a year for it anymore. I spend less than that on Adobe CC, and I sure use that tool a lot more.

I have a recommendation for Rao if he's watching. Signvox lite for smaller shops.

Otherwise, does anyone know a good invoicing software and how can we download all of our data, and a good way to migrate the information from Vox to there? I have to believe not everyone else is in the same boat I am here, and can stomach the 160 a month another month or two, but those days are coming to an end.

player

Why not use Quickbooks and hire someone to enter all your invoices if QB won't do it automatically? A fast typist would rip through them in no time. In 2 months you will spend $320 for SV. Put that towards QB and data entry.

Christian @ 2CT Media

You export almost everything out of signvox as an XML file. You can then convert the XML file in to a CSV file and import it in to almost anything.

Signvox also exports all invoices and payments to QuickBooks.

SignVOX

Merchant Member
Two choices for small shops...

In the last year, I drastically downsized my shop. Its just me and 2 other people now. Back when I had 2 sellers and 3-4 people in production, signvox made a lot of sense. Now I am really the only person writing invoices, and its easy to keep track of everything going on in the shop. I was thinking about moving away from Vox, and then they hit me with the price increase per month, and honestly - I'm not using the job board or half of the other tools I was to track performance, etc. I'd like access to my old invoices for re-orders, etc... but I can't justify $2000 a year for it anymore. I spend less than that on Adobe CC, and I sure use that tool a lot more.

I have a recommendation for Rao if he's watching. Signvox lite for smaller shops.

Otherwise, does anyone know a good invoicing software and how can we download all of our data, and a good way to migrate the information from Vox to there? I have to believe not everyone else is in the same boat I am here, and can stomach the 160 a month another month or two, but those days are coming to an end.

Hi
There are two choice with shopVOX and one of the reasons why we made shopVOX more on a per user basis rather than for upto 10 users is to make it easy for smaller shops like yours for those with <=3 users.

1. If you migrate to shopVOX Pro (once we have the migration ready hoping by end of May, worst case scenario end of June), then for 2 users it will be $99+$20=$119. You get all the benefits of signVOX but on a per user basis.
or
2. If you think that is even expensive and as a small shop CRM/OrderMgmt is not needed and you can do all this in QuickBooks (Desktop/online) or Xero, then, use shopVOX Express for production mgmt and online proofing. Your monthly cost for 2 users will be $49+$10 = $59, where you can integrate shopVOX Express to QuickBooks or Xero and once an Estimate/Sales Order/Invoice is created in QB you can sync those into shopVOX Express and then create jobs for production mgmt.

Also shopVOX Express comes with a 15 day trial so you can check out what all it can do to manage your production once you get the order. The nice thing about shopVOX Express is, if you dont integrate to your order entry system you can still create jobs manually (for those who are small shops should not be too many jobs on a daily basis to write up) and then track your production easily.

Check it out , go to www.shopVOX.com and give it a try.

Snook

Signvox to Shopvox clarification

Rao, I am an existing Signvox customer for 2 years now. I have a few questions that need clarification. Thanks.

1. cost to convert from signvox to shopvox?
  2. can I move all existing data over to shopvox?
  3. i have 6 users. What would be shopvox monthly cost?
  4. does shopvox have a payment gateway? Does Signvox?
  5. does either of the 2 integrate with an online shopping cart for order entry?
  6. how long does it take to get a response from support? Sent an email 1 week ago and no response yet. I originally used chat and they told me to email my issue/question.

SignVOX

Merchant Member
Rao, I am an existing Signvox customer for 2 years now. I have a few questions that need clarification. Thanks.

1. cost to convert from signvox to shopvox?
  2. can I move all existing data over to shopvox?
  3. i have 6 users. What would be shopvox monthly cost?
  4. does shopvox have a payment gateway? Does Signvox?
  5. does either of the 2 integrate with an online shopping cart for order entry?
  6. how long does it take to get a response from support? Sent an email 1 week ago and no response yet. I originally used chat and they told me to email my issue/question.
I am about to send out an email next week with all these questions answered and also the process to migrate from signVOX to ShopVOX.

tbutler

Great Alternative Comming Soon

Hey Petesign and all. I have been checking this thread and trying out software for the last 10+ years and have yet to find something for small shops as well. We run with 4 people including the owner. Coming from a software background, I started writing something about 11 years ago. It has since been refined into a multi user, multi computer, full production software for keeping track of everything. Written from the ground up from someone running a shop. We still use quickbooks for accounting because it does a pretty good job for accounting and plus we can just pass it off at the end of the year (and because we have not found anything better or cheaper for that matter). Within the last two years people started asking us about the production software we use. So I have started writing a manual and making everything a little more user friendly.

At the end of the day this will be for all the small sign shops that want to pay once for something that works great and gets the job done! It is not online and there is no monthly subscription. Local network based or single computer. Down side is its not online (HA!). Really though, there is no ipad or iphone tools but for a small shop trying to conserve money, we really don't need those things. Unfortunately, I have no ETA but I wanted to start posting stuff just to see if all this extra work is going to be worth it for anyone :).