• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignVOX vs ShopVOX

2B

with the recent post about the new company and product, and not having any luck finding a side by side comparison. Figured someone here may know and can list/show them.

as the title says SignVOX vs ShopVOX is what I am looking for.

the other point is with the new company / product what has been done to address the well documented lag issue and the difficulties in doing a customer quote.

For the price difference, why go from 10 users included in the cost to 1 user and everyone else having to pay. I mean these products / services / companies are entirely cloud base and to add more users is nothing more than a user log in.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I hope the SignVox team makes right by the users and either gives us the same features or moves us over a grandfather our pricing structure in.

In now more on the fence about having my stuff in the cloud, especially when our updates are set aside for another program. I thought the whole selling point of the cloud computing is constant progress for the fee we pay.

Please I ask, Rao and the SignVox team don't keep us users in the dark for long. Please outline your plans for us, we as business owners should know what the plans for the program we use on a daily basis are. It make me worried that there is very heavy promotion of your new option vs signvox.

JJM7288

Programming/ performance will improve as they refine the program appeal to a broader base of industries. If performance does not improve after increased subscription cost it' time to move on. Since it looks like it's trying to be Cyrious with a payment plan, the setup data in SV would assist in migrating to next thing. My point, time spent setting up SV and using it is not wasted.

LeLuni

As a company they are in very risky territory, in my opinion. They're betting the farm trying to reach a broader industry.
I reached out to them, but I personally won't touch the Shopvox software for at least a year. I just don't want to be a beta tester at that cost.
If I could advise them, I'd say to drop their cost dramatically and onboard as many shops as possible during these early, essentially beta-testing, stages. Companies like Wave Accounting have proven that online software-as-a-service companies can make money via advertising and partnerships.
These are just my opinions.

DSC

Waiting a long time as well..

We are also waiting for the SV team to have things ready.. as a heavy production shop, we need Shop Vox to customize our process for manufacturing different items, but we like SignVox as well.. I called our rep just last week in regard, and was told that they are getting things together and should have a timeline soon..

The one thing I am not happy about is the "user" fee ..

My biggest complaint is that I have to pay a user fee (ShopVox) in order to have the employee running the printer, or cnc, or shipping just to update the status .. Seems like a "user" would be accounting, project managers, and MAYBE a designer because of proofing.. but to have a "user" fee just to update status may have me considering moving along..

They basically need to put Shopvox into where "production" is in SignVox.. That would be great.. our production is up to 7 different departments, and due to that, the WO go into to a Physical board on the wall with the steps .. then back into SV when we get out of "production"..

I hope the change is coming very soon, but last year I was told it was happening fall of 2014, so as of right now my faith is shaky on any progress.

DSC

More to answer you .

with the recent post about the new company and product, and not having any luck finding a side by side comparison. Figured someone here may know and can list/show them.

the other point is with the new company / product what has been done to address the well documented lag issue and the difficulties in doing a customer quote.

For the price difference, why go from 10 users included in the cost to 1 user and everyone else having to pay. I mean these products / services / companies are entirely cloud base and to add more users is nothing more than a user log in.

Sorry to sort of hijack the thread ..

But from my understanding SignVox is for more of a retail non-manufacturing shop
Maybe the shop has a printer and outsources everything else .. Like most Sign a Rama's

..ShopVox let's you custom tailor your production process for more a manufacturing shop.

For us, we want both made into one, the advantages of the data for SignVox, with the custom production options of ShopVox..

That is my understanding at least.. I am sure Kevin will Chime in soon enough.

I hear that is happening.. we shall see..

Nat

Not all Signarama's

Sorry to sort of hijack the thread ..

But from my understanding SignVox is for more of a retail non-manufacturing shop
Maybe the shop has a printer and outsources everything else .. Like most Sign a Rama's

..ShopVox let's you custom tailor your production process for more a manufacturing shop.

For us, we want both made into one, the advantages of the data for SignVox, with the custom production options of ShopVox..

That is my understanding at least.. I am sure Kevin will Chime in soon enough.

I hear that is happening.. we shall see..
:rolleyes:

TXFB.INS

I hope the SignVox team makes right by the users and either gives us the same features or moves us over a grandfather our pricing structure in.

In now more on the fence about having my stuff in the cloud, especially when our updates are set aside for another program. I thought the whole selling point of the cloud computing is constant progress for the fee we pay.

Please I ask, Rao and the SignVox team don't keep us users in the dark for long. Please outline your plans for us, we as business owners should know what the plans for the program we use on a daily basis are. It make me worried that there is very heavy promotion of your new option vs signvox.

Have there been any updates on how the change is going to be handled?

looking at the new price structure, it would be about $350 per month to get the features we are looking at and I no longer see the feature for the wrap add on.

Christian @ 2CT Media

No updates yet... I have a long list of things I'd like to see done with signvox too. Number 1 is authorize.net integration!

I have been really intrigued with my conversations with the new graphicscalc team, it sounds like they are open to ideas and fair development. I still want to see what direction Rao and SignVox take with its user base.

julionovoa

Hi all,

SignVOX and ShopVOX is the same.
Today for coincidence I read an article in the magazine Signs of the Times about it.
Here I send you the link.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/STMG/sott_201502/#/44

Bye.

Christian @ 2CT Media

If what that article insinuates is true, we may be going back to Cyrious or moving onto GraphixCalc. Its pretty tough to swallow if SignVox gets relegated to reduced features and added costs, guess that's the fear of the cloud computing a lot seam to have.

jrsc

I've been a user of signvox for several years. I started asking them some questions about some of the features listed for shopvox and they were nice enough to give me a quick demo of the new software. All I can say is WOW! This is in no way signvox just changing their product name to shopvox. They basically took everything they learned from creating signvox and all the feedback from customer and build a new product instead of trying to patch signvox to do things it was never designed for. The amount of new functionality and features is amazing. It was just a short demo but they seem to have fixed about every complaint I've had with signvox and added every feature I ever wanted and a lot more. I urge everyone not to jump to new software until they can take a look at shopvox. I was also assured if we want to stay on signvox with our current pricing we can but to me the new functionality is well worth the additional cost.

neil_se

I've been using Signvox for almost 3 years and have just started watching some Shopvox videos. We're general signwriters and Signvox handles our needs pretty well (there's features like assets, notes and tasks that we're only now getting better at using). My concern is that the added level of detail will eat up more 'paperwork'/processing time. It's already so time intensive keeping 200-300 jobs up to date. The tripling in cost is annoying but it wouldn't add greatly to our overheads.

Can anyone outline some of the advances with Shopvox? I've seen the custom stages which is handy, currently we group printing and plotting both under "production", and welding, routing, laser cutting under "service", so it'd be helpful to break these stages up more. What else is Signvox missing?

T

TonyC

SignVOX to ShopVOX...

We have been using signVOX for a little over a year. It is what it is. It does great for the quotes, proofing and keeping track of when the job is due. The production control is where it is a problem for us. SignVOX would be fine for a 1 or 2 person shop where each person is handling their own work from start to finish.

We have been getting shopVOX up to speed since last week and will be going live Monday morning. So far I have been impressed with the production control while testing. The pricing structure is going to be a learning curve as it is vastly differant from signVOX but the production control is going to pay for itself in spades. I can now schedule each step of a job and assign each step to an individual and/or machine with an estimated time. I can see how much time each person/machine has been scheduled for any day and know when orders can be completed. Each person can see their schedule for the day and know when production steps need to be done without knowing anything else about the job.

I dont't believe this system is for everyone or every company. I can only speak for our shop. We have 4 people inside producing and 2 more outside servicing and installing. We average 10-15 quotes a day with an average of 50-60 jobs in production at any time.

Now the cons. ShopVOX is slow at times. A few of the steps takes a few seconds to update. If you demand immediate response to pushing a button, you may go nuts waiting 5-10 seconds doing certain steps. This is only for a few steps, not the entire process or every step.
if I had to do it over, I would probably keep signVOX and add the production side of shopVOX. This is due to the learning curve for quoting as it is more differant than I expected.

Gone to fill my coffee cup. HONEY.........

Christian @ 2CT Media

I've been a user of signvox for several years. I started asking them some questions about some of the features listed for shopvox and they were nice enough to give me a quick demo of the new software. All I can say is WOW! This is in no way signvox just changing their product name to shopvox. They basically took everything they learned from creating signvox and all the feedback from customer and build a new product instead of trying to patch signvox to do things it was never designed for. The amount of new functionality and features is amazing. It was just a short demo but they seem to have fixed about every complaint I've had with signvox and added every feature I ever wanted and a lot more. I urge everyone not to jump to new software until they can take a look at shopvox. I was also assured if we want to stay on signvox with our current pricing we can but to me the new functionality is well worth the additional cost.

What you just stated is 100% the problem. They used their current user base as guinea pigs, then built this new product based on what they learned from us, and now they say thanks buy telling us we get less features for more money.

When I first signed up for signvox I was told they are constantly updating and improving the program. Well last update signvox received was June 2014, so it tells me my month fee is going to the development of their other product.

I just wish I could batch export all of my 1000s of quotes, orders, and invoices so I have a record and move on. To me 3 months with no communication is not right.

jrsc

What you just stated is 100% the problem. They used their current user base as guinea pigs, then built this new product based on what they learned from us, and now they say thanks buy telling us we get less features for more money.

When I first signed up for signvox I was told they are constantly updating and improving the program. Well last update signvox received was June 2014, so it tells me my month fee is going to the development of their other product.

I just wish I could batch export all of my 1000s of quotes, orders, and invoices so I have a record and move on. To me 3 months with no communication is not right.

I get that and have some of the same feelings. Also keep in mind that they haven't announced how the transition will work and what the pricing will be for existing users. I just want to wait until all the details are available because like most people on here say they are usually fair and responsive to customers.

Also wondering how many users most people have so we can get an idea of what the additional cost is for most. Looking at the published prices it doesn't get more expensive until you have 4 users based on the pro version which has more features than signvox. We have 5 users.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have 3 users and are about to add 2 more.

Myself, my brother, our accountant, and we need to add our designer and our incoming office manager.

We are waiting to see too, but getting frustrated with no updates on that front or any updates/changes to the software in general.

HonosCorp

New Production Software! Honos Corp

Project, Production & Processing software...
P3 By Honos Corp. built for the industry by people in the industry

Project tracking, Project status, Dynamic Reports, billing, Invoicing with ability for customers to pay online.

This Software far far exceeds anything currently on the market!

Try it for free with a live demo!

Honoscorp.com