• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

silkcards.com MADE IN CHINA

fresh

I'm so frustrated. A few weeks ago I had a customer ask me about plastic business cards (I see there was a post about these a few days ago!) Anyway, I could have ordered them from Zoo Printing or even 4Over (i think) but I decided to do some research and I find a new company... Silkcards.com. They have some really neat things on their site, so I decided to try them out.

I order 1000 full color, double sided plastic cards. They call me back with the shipping amount and its like, $38 for two day, and $45 for next day. I decide to go for next day because my client is in a bit of a rush, and the turn-around is 10 days. I ask the sales person where they are being shipped from, and she informs me that they are in Nevada.

Guess my surprise when DHL shows up at my door with a smelly package from CHINA? I'm so pissed off right now. I honestly try to only order American made materials, and luckily most of the things we use are Made in the USA. So I was lied to about the origin of the cards, they were poorly packaged, and they smell horrible. Also, they don't look very good. Silkcards.com sent us this awesome sales book, I was so looking forward to using them. I'm so upset that they lied about where they are manufactured.

fmg

Quite possible they were just packaged in a box that had origin of china on that was for something else. You never know! Just saying

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Silkcards has been around for a number of years. We ordered from them a couple of times and they do maintain a facility in the U.S. although they may still be connected to other facilities in China or elsewhere.

fresh

Quite possible they were just packaged in a box that had origin of china on that was for something else. You never know! Just saying

Nope, they were shipped from China. I was so confused when DHL showed up, and he said "Yeah, these are from China." They purposely mislead me when I called and asked where they were shipping from. Apparently everything they sell is manufactured in China, and shipped to their warehouse in Nevada. If you order expedited shipping, they drop ship it to you from their manufacturing plant in China. Grrrrrrrr!

royster13

I think Silk Cards are actually from Korea and may to consolidated to a shipping point in China or Hong Kong...

And as far as freight from Asia, it is not too bad when I consider what Purolator charges to ship across Canada..

fresh

I think Silk Cards are actually from Korea and may to consolidated to a shipping point in China or Hong Kong...

And as far as freight from Asia, it is not too bad when I consider what Purolator charges to ship across Canada..

This is a big issue for me. I would like to know where my goods are being produced. Korea you say? Its possible. I double silkcards will actually be upfront and open with me at this point.

anotherdog

thank you, I was thinking about giving them a try.
Bait and switch marketing means selling premium and delivering crap.

I'll stick with 4over, at least the cards don't stink.

The only thing that will stop china eating us alive is the fact that chinese people want a nice life with cars and tv sets too.

fresh

who cares where they're from...really?

Me. Really. Do you know how many people come in my shop asking for a job? Many of them have print-shop experience, but the shops have all but vanished. Almost 100% of my clients are local small businesses. If we ship everything out to China, then I won't have any clients.

HulkSmash

Me. Really. Do you know how many people come in my shop asking for a job? Many of them have print-shop experience, but the shops have all but vanished. Almost 100% of my clients are local small businesses. If we ship everything out to China, then I won't have any clients.

I understand what you're saying -- but here is i look at things.

I would use local shops if they had good quality for stationary, but they don't.
If i have to go Africa to get a quality product because my local american company can't then, that's what i have to do.

fresh

I understand what you're saying -- but here is i look at things.

I would use local shops if they had good quality for stationary, but they don't.
If i have to go Africa to get a quality product because my local american company can't then, that's what i have to do.

I can get equivalent quality for the same price (less even) from someone in the US. I like seeing what everyone has to offer, which is why I decided to try them out. They weren't any less expensive or quicker than anyone else. In fact, they were the opposite... More expensive and slower.

phototec

The only thing that will stop china eating us alive is the fact that chinese people want a nice life with cars and tv sets too.

What does that mean? There are no TV's made in north America anymore, right?

I think they are all made overseas in ASIA.

:smile:

HulkSmash

Samsung still makes them in Mexico....

Wrong..

Samsung TV ( LCD / LED / Plasma ) all Designs by Samsung Korea HQ. Hi End Model still Manufactures In Korea. Mid / Low end model assembly in Malaysia / Thailand / China / also in Hungary main for Europen market . all overseas factory is total own by Samsung ! Samsung LCD TV Display Panel by : Low end / Mid end 19 - 40 inc model use Korea S-LCD make ( a LCD display panel manufactures in Korea joint venture between Sony-Samsung.* Sony low/mid end model use the same panel by S-LCD ). Samsung big screen model and LED TV , display panel use Samsung OWN make. ( Samsung SDI Korea )

royster13

The 51" Samsung plasma bought earlier this year says "Made in Mexico".....So this must be a recent change......And when I was in Mexico in January, I was in the Walmart in Puerto Vallarta and they had all kinds of Samsung TVs Made in Mexico....