• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Similar media to Flexcon White Static Cling with top coat

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Hello,

Hoping someone out there might have some suggestions or has had this issue. A few years back Flexcon discontinued their line of Static Clings unless you order over 100k worth (which us as a small business cannot). Over the last few years I've been trying to find an alternate that would work for our process. The issue we are encountering is that our epoxy resin which we use to coat vinyl to make our products isn't adhering to it and just peels off. We currently have a custom product, but it doesn't print on well. We know that the thing that made Flexcon work was their top coat, however they aren't willing to share it (which is understandable) so that we could get another static cling manufacturer to use it. If you've encountered something similar or know of a media that is made with the same top coat, let me know. We've resorted to getting a complete custom made product, but that is bringing it's own set of challenges getting it developed. TIA.

Jodi Sawyer

Hello,

Hoping someone out there might have some suggestions or has had this issue. A few years back Flexcon discontinued their line of Static Clings unless you order over 100k worth (which us as a small business cannot). Over the last few years I've been trying to find an alternate that would work for our process. The issue we are encountering is that our epoxy resin which we use to coat vinyl to make our products isn't adhering to it and just peels off. We currently have a custom product, but it doesn't print on well. We know that the thing that made Flexcon work was their top coat, however they aren't willing to share it (which is understandable) so that we could get another static cling manufacturer to use it. If you've encountered something similar or know of a media that is made with the same top coat, let me know. We've resorted to getting a complete custom made product, but that is bringing it's own set of challenges getting it developed. TIA.

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that FLEXcon's minimum order requirements for cling vinyl products don't meet the needs of small business. Depending on your application and ink coverage, FLEXcon's WINDOWdeco 6541 clear low tack window film may be a suitable option. Low tack clear window film will provide easier installation of large graphics, cross technology printability, wider service temperature range and longer shelf life as compared to cling vinyl film. You can purchase this product in small minimum quantities directly from FLEXcon's distribution center in Ontario. Hope this is helpful information. https://www.flexcon.com/product-fin...-tack-removable-adhesive-lay-flat-sheet-liner

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Thanks for the information, unfortunately we need a media without any adhesive at all, but with a backer paper / film, that is why we've been using a static cling.