• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Simulated 22 karat engine turned gold

JR's

Simulated 22 karat engine turned gold.

Hey guys I have a question.
I am going to be printing a 22 karat gold look.
Usually this client has 22 karat sign gold.
But he purchased a trailer and the price for the gold going that size gave him sticker shock.

So I showed him a sample that was printed using alien skin eye candy.

My question is does anyone have a recommendation that has a better look than alien skin eye candy
for the 22 karat gold engine turned.

Thanks in advance

letterman7

I've both scanned and photographed a roll of my RealGold and isolated a single turn. Some careful editing and tuning with Corel's version of Photoshop, and I have a clean, single, color-corrected turn that I can copy/paste as many times as I want to get a seamless fill to cover just about anything. As Gino said as well, there are other alternatives to ASEC.

JR's

Thank you for the info letterman7

You wouldn't happen to have a photo that you could share of how it looks?
And would you consider selling your Hi-Rez seamless photo?

Thanks Gino, I was hoping Fred would chime in but most likely he's on vacation.
I tried looking for it on his site but I got lost.

letterman7

Thank you for the info letterman7

You wouldn't happen to have a photo that you could share of how it looks?
And would you consider selling your Hi-Rez seamless photo?

Thanks Gino, I was hoping Fred would chime in but most likely he's on vacation.
I tried looking for it on his site but I got lost.

Closest thing I have at the moment. I don't use it that often; the repeat fill is the pinstripe at the top of the door. The main image is the master "background" of the engine turn that I use all the time - I just adjust the color gamut a bit if I need to if there is a lot of other colors in the seal. I never said the photo was a high resolution :) Sometime having the image a little "dirty" helps hide the edges better.

Patentagosse

I've bought many years ago few CD's of patterns and textures from Bergen Designs. They are nice and work well at any scale. I also use that kinda fills from Aurora too but haven't looked at Fred's ones. They all should do the job right.

Attachments

• IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 359