• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Single Ink Units

nimonogi

Hi guys,

I own a CJV150 and since I do not use it much, I only have one set of CYMK inks installed (BS4). If I install both units of each ink, they expire before running out of it.

My question is, will this damage the head or any other part of the machine, or compromise the quality?

Thanks in advance.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Solvent inks generally hold pretty well. I would give the cartridges a shake once in a while to keep them from separating but you can get away with using expired inks for a while. The only problem is if you do run into head issues etc., the ink will always be a question. I would just run with 4 cartridges in your situation.

If you have to worry about expiring inks it means you don't need a printer. Why not sell it and get a local print shop print your occasional stuff, I'm sure if you make your files print ready they'll give you a good price. If you have enough work you can buy a similar machine with a similar price but in the meantime you can invest the money in something more useful.