• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Siser ColorPrint Soft Opaque and latex?

Has anyone tried the Siser ColorPrint Soft Opaque with a HP Latex printer? It doesn't say it is compatible on Siser's website, but it sounds like good material so I'd like to give it a try.

I'm having problems getting this material to work. I used the HP Photorealistic setting for the first print, and it came out with the ink still oily. So I lightly went over it with a heat gun to set the ink, but that was too much heat and set the material to the liner. So I tried another print, bumped the heat up to 180 degrees and the heat airflow up also, and it still came out with the inks just oily enough that the transfer paper can't stick to the material. I printing in unidirectional mode, 18 pass. What else can I do to set the inks without baking this material too much?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Ok Shucks... I was hoping you had onyx, I think I still have all my old l25 profiles.

I always used the HP low temp preset and we built a profile based on one from HP and Chemica.

I know our heat settings were at 180 for the cure and 130 for the dryer. I can't recall our airflow settings though.

Also are you having issues with other materials not drying right at normal temps? It may be the signs of the heater core going out.

Ok Shucks... I was hoping you had onyx, I think I still have all my old l25 profiles.

I always used the HP low temp preset and we built a profile based on one from HP and Chemica.

I know our heat settings were at 180 for the cure and 130 for the dryer. I can't recall our airflow settings though.

Also are you having issues with other materials not drying right at normal temps? It may be the signs of the heater core going out.

It has been fine most of the time. I have had some trouble with black not drying well on the left side during a long print. But other than that I haven't really had any issues.

Christian @ 2CT Media

That is the signs of the heater core going out. The left side doesnt dry well on saturated colors then you'll get the temperature error codes.

Honestly I think you are having the issues with this material due to the heater core and not the material itself. When the heater core starts to go temps get erratic.and then slowly fall off until it triggers a out of range error.

That is the signs of the heater core going out. The left side doesnt dry well on saturated colors then you'll get the temperature error codes.

Honestly I think you are having the issues with this material due to the heater core and not the material itself. When the heater core starts to go temps get erratic.and then slowly fall off until it triggers a out of range error.

Hmm, that doesn't sound good. Is the heater core something that I can replace or is that something a technician has to do?