• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Siser colorprintPU Matte finish not transferring!

401Graphics

Siser has changed their colorprintPU Matte finish in some way. I have used about 6 rolls of this stuff in the past with little issue. Now i get a new roll from Signwarehouse and notice it looks much more matte than my past rolls. It feels different too. After i printed on it and weeded, I went to transfer, and it would not stick to the transfer tape. I used the recommended colormask evo (which was the poorest at transferring), and i also used high tack paper transfer tape, which is what i have been using with no issues in the past. Still wont stick, Its as if the colorprintPU is made of teflon. I would probably bet you could put gorilla tape on this stuff and it still wouldn't transfer properly.
I tried every trick i know plus the ones i have read on this forum about how to get it to transfer better. Nothing worked.

Such a shame. I really liked this product too. Looks like i'll be making a switch, and asking for a refund from SW.
Speaking of signwarehouse.... I swear they have hardly anybody working there now. I have a hard time just getting a hold of somebody to make an order. 4 years ago they were awesome to me, now I'd rather go to USCutter over them. :frustrated:

401Graphics

I'm sure you've checked this already.........but are you cutting too deep into the liner? Not sure if that stuff has a synthetic or paper liner, I've only seen little samples of it, but those materials are a real pain when they're cut too deep. It's been a few years since I played with the heat press but I used to dread working with the materials.

Have you tried rubbing it premask side down against sharp edge of workbench then peeling the liner back (premask down still) as opposed to peeling premask back?
Yea I tried cutting with the least amount of pressure possible during my second attempt. Didn't help at all. I tried the edge of the table, squeegeeing multiple times very hard. Even ran it through the rollers on the laminator at full pressure, nothing helped. Tried peeling both with the liner up and down.

Siser got back to me today, and confirmed that they DID change the formula is September this year, and IS more matte than before, but claimed it should transfer better than the old one (but it doesnt). Checking my manufacturing date on the roll, it was made sept 23rd.

Waiting for a resolution from Signwarehouse and/or Siser......

klingsdesigns

Yea I tried cutting with the least amount of pressure possible during my second attempt. Didn't help at all. I tried the edge of the table, squeegeeing multiple times very hard. Even ran it through the rollers on the laminator at full pressure, nothing helped. Tried peeling both with the liner up and down.

Siser got back to me today, and confirmed that they DID change the formula is September this year, and IS more matte than before, but claimed it should transfer better than the old one (but it doesnt). Checking my manufacturing date on the roll, it was made sept 23rd.

Waiting for a resolution from Signwarehouse and/or Siser......

I was told their new stuff was supposed to be better for weeding and masking.
I just got 29.5x25yds i hope i got the old stuff.

The sept 23rd is that this year or last.. I have gotten a bad roll of old stuff that wouldnt transfer unless you used high tack mask.

401Graphics

So the outcome was signwarehouse sending me a return shipping label and sending it back for a refund.
Siser said they will check the same lot number and test it.
My local supplier told me they have a new product that is suppose to be similar to the colorprint. I'll test that out and let you guys know how it works out and what it is called.

klingsdesigns

So the outcome was signwarehouse sending me a return shipping label and sending it back for a refund.
Siser said they will check the same lot number and test it.
My local supplier told me they have a new product that is suppose to be similar to the colorprint. I'll test that out and let you guys know how it works out and what it is called.

I will give my roll a shot tomorrow and let you know.

klingsdesigns

So i tried a little of the material. The new colorpint pu does seem more matte. Seems more plastic and thicker to me. Weeds crappy like normal. The masking part of it was A TON BETTER. I pressed as little as possible when using the squeegee. And it transferred no problem.

401Graphics

So i tried a little of the material. The new colorpint pu does seem more matte. Seems more plastic and thicker to me. Weeds crappy like normal. The masking part of it was A TON BETTER. I pressed as little as possible when using the squeegee. And it transferred no problem.
Interesting. Maybe i got a bad roll. What did you use for masking?
What is the lot number and manufacturing date on the roll? (sticker inside the core)

klingsdesigns

Interesting. Maybe i got a bad roll. What did you use for masking?
What is the lot number and manufacturing date on the roll? (sticker inside the core)

Did it seem thicker and more plastic to you? Usually I have to cut on lowest pressure setting 30 and it cuts to deep. This stuff i fell like i could have went with more pressure.

401Graphics

Update: Signwarehouse refunded me for the roll.
Siser sent me a sample of their glossy version to try out.... Still does not transfer correctly (in fact it's worse)!
Moving on to a different manufacture now. Any suggestions?

jwindsor

Siser colorprint PU Matte

Just got a new roll this week. Used the TTD Mask and had absolutely no problems. Using a Mimaki CJV30-130. Maybe it was just a bad roll. Hope you get it sorted out. You might want to try Siser's new Colorprint Soft. Have used it also from a sample that they sent me. Will probably start using it when I use up what I have.

Joe

rjssigns

Update: Signwarehouse refunded me for the roll.
Siser sent me a sample of their glossy version to try out.... Still does not transfer correctly (in fact it's worse)!
Moving on to a different manufacture now. Any suggestions?

We really like Eco-Print from Imprintables Warehouse. No issues. They are super to deal with too.(answer all my dumb questions)

klingsdesigns

I am still waiting for the new rolls to come in after testing.. I also got a bad roll or something. I dont like the way it feels thicker and more plasticy then the previous rolls.

klingsdesigns

Just got a new roll this week. Used the TTD Mask and had absolutely no problems. Using a Mimaki CJV30-130. Maybe it was just a bad roll. Hope you get it sorted out. You might want to try Siser's new Colorprint Soft. Have used it also from a sample that they sent me. Will probably start using it when I use up what I have.

Joe

Isn't the soft just for whites and light colored shirts?