• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SJ-540?

franklinsigns

is the older sj-540 worth buying? i have someone that recently upgraded. and was selling theirs cheap. but i cant find much on them. are they decent printers?

is the older sj-540 worth buying? i have someone that recently upgraded. and was selling theirs cheap. but i cant find much on them. are they decent printers?

Hey franklinsigns,

There's no readily available announcement data for the SJ-540 printer, but we do still have access to the SJ-640 info here: Roland Offers New Addition to SOLJET PRO II EX Printer Family | News Release | Roland DG

The SJ-540 is the same printer as the SJ-640, except the SJ-640 is just a bit wider. Other than that, all the info you see on that webpage can be applied to the SJ-540.

Overall, it's a great printer, but with anything used, buyer beware. You have no history on the machine, how it was operated, maintained and if it was neglected.

Also, you can access the SJ-540 support webpage online here (for user's manuals and the like): Roland Care Service & Support | Roland

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: https://www.rolanddga.com/support/product-support-form

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn