• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slow day...what do you do?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I like to give Gino a one-liner...and see how many paragraphs he writes to respond. If it's more then three I'm satisfied.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Slow days...... what's that ?? World not turning fast enough for ya ??

Make samples, check up on loose ends, make repairs, clean and find stuff to do around the shop or outside, if it's not too cold.

Right now though, I'm making signs and labels for our Christmas Picnic. Kinda playing hooky from myself for myself.

By the way...... you're still all invited. It's this Saturday from 4 until we kick you out.

And yes, Doofi and his new playmate, Dolti are invited, along with the toadster and Marlene. We might not agree on much around here, but we sure can share in some fun for the holidays and break bread together..

Oh yeah, and I don't wait for a slow day to look for nitwits around here..... they seem to be popping up more and more, thus making this place loads of fun. :roflmao:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Slow days...... what's that ?? World not turning fast enough for ya ??

Make samples, check up on loose ends, make repairs, clean and find stuff to do around the shop or outside, if it's not too cold.

Right now though, I'm making signs and labels for our Christmas Picnic. Kinda playing hooky from be myself for myself.

By the way...... you're still all invited. It's this Saturday from 4 until we kick you out.

And yes, Doofi and his new playmate, Dolti are invited, along with the toadster and Marlene. We might not agree on much around here, but we sure can share in some fun for the holidays and break bread together..

Oh yeah, and I don't wait for a slow day to look for nitwits around here..... they seem to be popping up more and more, thus making this place loads of fun. :roflmao:

I could learn a lot from you and you seem like you'd be easy to conversate with. I appreciate the invite, but I didn't leave PA because I enjoyed the winters too much.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I could learn a lot from you and you seem like you'd be easy to conversate with. I appreciate the invite, but I didn't leave PA because I enjoyed the winters too much.

Don't take me seriously, doofi. I had no idea you were from PA, but now it makes more sense about you. From what part of PA did you hail ??

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Don't take me seriously, doofi. I had no idea you were from PA, but now it makes more sense about you. From what part of PA did you hail ??

Bucks county... near sesame place. That should give you something to work with for the rest of the day.

ikarasu

I sadly don't get slow days. When I do, I usually book them off! Haven't had one in months though. Any free time I have I spend cleaning up after the hectic days/weeks of being too busy and just throwing scraps / trimmings anywhere I can find.

Xmas is usually slow, I'm looking forward to it! Lots of stuff I've wanted to re-arrange at work to make the area more efficient.

[Edit] I'm not saying we're really busy, by the way! I'm the only wide format operator for 2 printers, only laminator, only one who operates the cutter, and one of two vinyl wrap installers. So especially in the warmer times my schedule is super busy. I try to avoid overtime so I can spend as much time with the kid and wife as possible... So I'm usually working my butt off printing on the roll to roll, running flatbed jobs, laminating and operating the graphtec all at once. Pretty much doing the work of 2 people. It makes the day go by quickly though!

Last edited:

d fleming

Study TTB rules, standards and practices for new distillery. Still have a little plumbing and interior framing to do on buildout. Finally got permit app submitted yesterday. Lord what a pile of forms. Hopefully I'll be making rum soon and doing sign work on slow days, lol.