Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow day...what do you do?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by CreativeCreationGraphics, Dec 6, 2017.

1. What do you guys do on sloooooooooow days?

Tags:
  2. IND Digital Dept.

IND Digital Dept. @industryprintshop

Jul 28, 2017
    Austin
    Look for entertaining posts by Gino on Signs101.com .......
    :D

• Like Like x 10
  3. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Premium Subscriber

Adjust price sheets, print work orders, design and make display items, print our own shirts to give away, clean the shop, rearrange things, etc. If there's absolutely nothing to do, which is rare, we think up ways to help rid ourselves of slow days, like new marketing ideas, sales, and give-aways.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Premium Subscriber

Lol. Yeah, that, too.

5. bing watch HOMELAND

6. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Beyond Most

Nov 20, 2008
    Big Brother Knows.
    My wife.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Saddle up a horse and have a ride.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    • Clean Shop
    • Work on website
    • Get in the truck and look for ugly signs and pitch them
    • Get into a time-wasting battle with Gino

• Like Like x 5
  9. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    This. I hang out here as I am really bored and have done everything else I can think of to do.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    I like to give Gino a one-liner...and see how many paragraphs he writes to respond. If it's more then three I'm satisfied.

11. So I guess I'm not the only one who likes to trigger Gino

Yeah and if there's more than three question marks after a question

12. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Slow days...... what's that ?? World not turning fast enough for ya ??

Make samples, check up on loose ends, make repairs, clean and find stuff to do around the shop or outside, if it's not too cold.

Right now though, I'm making signs and labels for our Christmas Picnic. Kinda playing hooky from myself for myself.

By the way...... you're still all invited. It's this Saturday from 4 until we kick you out.

And yes, Doofi and his new playmate, Dolti are invited, along with the toadster and Marlene. We might not agree on much around here, but we sure can share in some fun for the holidays and break bread together..

Oh yeah, and I don't wait for a slow day to look for nitwits around here..... they seem to be popping up more and more, thus making this place loads of fun. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    I could learn a lot from you and you seem like you'd be easy to conversate with. I appreciate the invite, but I didn't leave PA because I enjoyed the winters too much.

14. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    Thanks for the invite.

15. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Don't take me seriously, doofi. I had no idea you were from PA, but now it makes more sense about you. From what part of PA did you hail ??

16. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    DFW
    Bucks county... near sesame place. That should give you something to work with for the rest of the day.

17. ikarasu

ikarasu Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    I sadly don't get slow days. When I do, I usually book them off! Haven't had one in months though. Any free time I have I spend cleaning up after the hectic days/weeks of being too busy and just throwing scraps / trimmings anywhere I can find.

Xmas is usually slow, I'm looking forward to it! Lots of stuff I've wanted to re-arrange at work to make the area more efficient.

[Edit] I'm not saying we're really busy, by the way! I'm the only wide format operator for 2 printers, only laminator, only one who operates the cutter, and one of two vinyl wrap installers. So especially in the warmer times my schedule is super busy. I try to avoid overtime so I can spend as much time with the kid and wife as possible... So I'm usually working my butt off printing on the roll to roll, running flatbed jobs, laminating and operating the graphtec all at once. Pretty much doing the work of 2 people. It makes the day go by quickly though!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    Hue Test; X-Rite
    Type Archives - CreativePro.com
    The eyeballing game

There used to be a member who would posts links to interesting sites that I still click onto when I need something to do. The eyeballing game and the color test are good to test your skills. The creative pro site has a lot of good articles on design, type and more.

• Like Like x 1
  19. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Study TTB rules, standards and practices for new distillery. Still have a little plumbing and interior framing to do on buildout. Finally got permit app submitted yesterday. Lord what a pile of forms. Hopefully I'll be making rum soon and doing sign work on slow days, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ExecuPrintGS

ExecuPrintGS Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Hartland, WI
    Sort out materials, throw things away that are damaged or old. Clean, organize, update our website.