• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slowing down cutting on Mutoh Value Cut

K Chez

I'm sure I'm just overlooking something, but how do you set the material advance speed on the Value Cut? Sending the cut from Flexi - even with the settings for the plotter in the RIP & on the machine set he same, (speed 20 cm/sec, cut slow), when the material advances, it moves so fast that it will yank the roll off of the rollers. I've been having an issue with the cutter stopping in the middle of a cut - at first I though it was a communication issue due to the USB-B plug being very loose on the circuit board. Tried bypassing that by using a USB to serial converter cable. First three times it work flawlessly; the fourth job, it stopped in the middle of the cut just as it has been doing. I'm not sure if it yanked the roll so hard it got a motor error, as since it seemed to be working, I walked away from it for about 2 minutes and then it was stopped when I came back into the room. I know that My Roland CX-300 will do that if you have a 50 yd. roll loaded and you don't pull out enough material, but it will give you a message saying so.