• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small laser

d fleming

Thinking about getting a small laser for the shop so I can make labels for my distillery from leather. Of course it would be nice to add some products to our offerings for sign shop customers as well. What does everyone have or recommend and whose product should I avoid? Thanks

CanuckSigns

Weve had amazing luck with Trotec, but it sounds like it would be overkill for your needs, I would look at a second hand unit or a offshore model to get your feet wet, then decide.

Rabbit Laser is an importer of Chinese lasers, but they offer American support, same with Boss Laser.

kheebl

I have been thinking about buying a k40 to play around with. they have a huge following and with a few mods can actually be pretty decent for what your looking to do. I doubt it would hold up in a high volume production environment.

Steve-P

Check out Boss Laser. Not quite as pricey as one of the US/Canada name brands, but great build quality and sold/supported here in the US. Boss is a US company, and while their machines are built in China, they are Boss' own designs and are built by G.Weike (https://www.gwklaser.com/index.html -- probably the best laser builder in China). Final build (tube fitting and calibration) is done here, and the machines are shipped from the Boss facilities in Florida right to your location. Support is top notch. I've had one of their machines for several years, and in that time I've only had a (very) few minor issues, and with one phone call, the replacement parts were on the way. Definitely a good middle ground between the top quality of a brand name commercial machine and the affordability of an import. Worth looking into.