• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Smooth Banner Material for Latex

JHeard

I've read through the threads, but wanted to see if anyone had a personal favorite for my scenario.

I need:
Latex printable
Can be used in a retractable banner stand
Smooth or very light texture
Preferably matte
Cuts clean (no loose fibers or strings when edges are cut)
Blockout
Writable (one use is going to be in this client's meetings as a sign in sheet)

I am looking at Bantex 10 oz Two-Sided Curl Free and Briteline Roll-Up Film from Grimco, but I have never used either product (or seen a sample). Anyone ever tried these or know of something better? It can be single or double sided.

This is also the first time I will be printing banner on our HP L26500 Latex printer. Is there anything I need to do differently than a solvent? Tips/tricks/etc? I've read about bunching on Ultraflex lately so I'm staying away from that...

JHeard

Update: I was going to order the Bantex but it would have taken over a week to get here so I went with the Briteline Roll-Up and it worked perfectly for what I needed to do. Only slight issue is it is very susceptible to finger prints so wear gloves. :)

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I use Grimco's "Briteline Rollup" film. 8 mil Polyester. no curl, prints great. I think scrim or any other PVC type banner looks bad in a retractable.....and the thickness (10 oz or more) can cause rollup issues as well as extra weight.