• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So...how are your sales ending the year?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I looked at my books and although I was down YTD most of the year...somewhere around October I went above it and am ending the year about 15% over 2019

This December has been the busiest on record... tons of orders flying in booking up January.

How's everyone else doing?

Reveal1

Now, back to business. We're seeing a slowdown but usually do mid Dec-mid Jan. Looks like we'll end year about even ales $ with last year (a good one) and better on profit Projects looking OK first quarter but nothing like we've been seeing. And we don't have all the COVID signage bonus which helped offset March/April, so sort of uncertain about next year. But then, seems like whenever I talk with others in the biz, we have our own unique busy and slow times based on the customer segments we service.

TammieH

Its strange, we were just getting along, a couple weeks looked quite ominous. Now it has gone crazy.
But the way things have been, still have a lot of anxiety of what will happen next month.

CanuckSigns

I am kind of surprised that nothing has slowed down. I suspect that with all the election fraud that has been uncovered people know that China Joe will never be president and business will continue to be good.

Lol is there any topic that you don't turn into a incoherent rant about how your guy didn't really loose?

• Agree
Reactions: JCP

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Were only down about $50k gross this year vs last but profit is up. This is usually slow down time but we're jammed up right now. Last year this time I had a few employees cleaning fence lines and laying sod at the shop.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We’re about 250% up from last financial year already and we run to April. Which is not bad considering dypinc probably doesn’t think covid exists.

Even finishing December strong, which is usually our quietest month. Just got a couple huge orders that will keep me busy over the holidays on the days I bother to go in

dypinc

It surly does exist. Seems we have managed it pretty well considering the reports here of business being good, probably in part due to the stimulus.

Obviously the cities and and states oppressed by maniacal power hungry tyrants aren't doing as well. But covid it is no excuse for circumventing the laws, constitution, liberty and free enterprise given that in the US only one in nine deaths each day can be attributed to COVID-19 since January 2020. And, the average death per day has not really changed from around 8,000 over the last three or four years.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
We are up double gross what we were last year. I'm tired and need a few days off. I also need to find 2 more workers that actually want to work.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I've almost doubled sales this year (one person shop). Was pretty sketchy for a few weeks in March but I'd say since mid April, it's been full speed ahead. I've got some decent sized jobs going out before Xmas, after that, I have several vehicle installs lined up and 100 Carhartt hoodies to print with 4 locations. Not sure how or why but I added a heat press to make tshirts for my current customers and my business is now about 50/50 apparel/signs. Didn't try, it just happened. Without the apparel I would probably have a similar year as last year.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
It was our busiest year that I can remember, and I can't say that I did much COVID related work either. I started looking at numbers mid Oct. and thought that we would end the year about the same as last year, but, I don't know what I'm looking at and my wife let me know we were up around 15%. I figure I will see some checks come in next week for work to be done later, so we should have a nice cushion going into next year, which I think may be a little slower than the last 4 winters have been. Typically, Jan-Mar is our slower time of the year, so maybe we are just now returning to normal? I could use a little break, so hopefully January is quiet, but I have a feeling we are going to be trucking into next year like there is no tomorrow.

dypinc

It is amazing that so many of us have had a sales and profit increase after this messed up year. As more election fraud evidence is uncovered it is looking more and more like we won't need to worry about increased taxes or the retro taxes increases for this year they are threatening.

dypinc

You CCP propaganda is getting pretty old. There are thousands of affidavits of illegal vote rigging and everybody knows it. Why don't you prove there wasn't instead of just slinging your lies.

Last edited: