• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So...when does the 560 demand printhead change?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I don't think it has ever given a message to change one. I've changed a few simply because I deduced that one was causing bad prints.
Just checked my usage...should I let em be or start replacing?

Current Printhead Kit Info (III)
Used non-HP ink Used expired ink Ink Used % warranty used (ml)
1 - Latex Optimizer false false 1673 ml 170 %
2 - Latex Optimizer false false 611 ml 65 %
3 - Light magenta-Light cyan false false 2463 ml 250 %
4 - Cyan-Black false false 6775 ml 680 %
5 - Cyan-Black false false 3406 ml 340 %
6 - Magenta-Yellow false false 4749 ml 475 %
7 - Magenta-Yellow false false 3783 ml 380 %

Only replace when you notice it in the print. HP Tech support on the other hand. If you have print issues and you have to call them. They usually won't do anything until you are using up to date inks and printheads. Even if the issues doesn't have to do with the printheads.

ikarasu

I've got a few in in the 7-8 Liter range and they print fine. If you notice more graininess... change it, otherwise if the print quality is fine, let it be.

I wouldn't load a roll, hit print and walk away when theyre this high while printing a full roll, just incase one blows... which I've had happen.

sometimes they die early, sometimes they die really late, it's a gamble.

InkjetAuction

I think that I generally agree with the above advise... except with the Lc/Lm. Lc/Lm printheads notoriously die early and can ruin panels quickly,,,especially large solids.
It is generally advised to not run the Lc/Lm not much above 2L...especially if running solids. If I were running decals/stickers, I would run the Lc/Lm a bunch longer.

~E