• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Question

ncflagman

We are expanding into the embroidery business. We have purchased a used 12 head machine by HAPPY. At this point we know we are going to out source digitizing. (Will be contacting you WildWestDesigns soon)

What we are looking for is software that we can use to add names or monograms to product. I really don't want a full blown program at this time. Having 20 or so fonts would be enough.

Thanks for any advise.

Flagman

:thankyou:

WildWestDesigns

When you look at a digitizing program, you want to look at the stitch processor. That's the "gravy" of the program.

I am a huge advocate of Wilcom. They brought back their Lettering version as well as their Lettering and Editing version for Embroidery Studio. All of their programs come with their Monogram Wizard module, editing limits are determined by level of software purchased. Plus they have a team name drop which is great for those huge runs of same graphic element, but different names. Huge advantage. Other programs have the name drop, but not setup like this one is.

The lowest version of Wilcom that I would suggest getting is DecoStudio GOLD and that's due to one input tool. Input A. Worth the extra money for that one tool. At least for me. It's an old digitizer's tool that's just great to have.

Monogram Wizard is a good program for it's price point. I hate the fact that they use Fonts and Alphabets interchangeably. They are not in terms of embroidery. They are very much different.

Another thing about Wilcom software, is that I can digitize ESA fonts that can be used in your program and take full advantage of the level of lettering module that you have in that program. Now, there are limitations in lettering with embroidery, but if you have a TTF font that you would having it digitized for embroidery, more then likely I can get it done for you. Much better then alphabets.

ncflagman

Forgot to ask in the original post. Did you mean 12 needle instead of 12 head? I believe that would be the Voyager machine if you did.

It is an older HCM model of HAPPY. 12 heads and 8 needles. It has sat for 2 years. We moved from about 30 miles away. It has been tuned up, needing only a few minor wear and tear parts. Everything seems to be nice and tight.

Have sewn just a few items other than the H test.

Thanks for the advice on the software. Not sure which direction we are going to take. In the last few 3 years I have learned Omega, Corel, and Flexi to name a few. Don't know if this old dog is ready to learn how to digitize or not.

WildWestDesigns

It is an older HCM model of HAPPY. 12 heads and 8 needles. It has sat for 2 years. We moved from about 30 miles away. It has been tuned up, needing only a few minor wear and tear parts. Everything seems to be nice and tight.

Be careful with the multi-heads, they are prone to getting out of time quicker then single head setups. Torsional vibrations will take it's toll on these machines. Keep it serviced often, particularly when you are talking about head 2 on up.

Thanks for the advice on the software. Not sure which direction we are going to take. In the last few 3 years I have learned Omega, Corel, and Flexi to name a few. Don't know if this old dog is ready to learn how to digitize or not.

If you use the regular digitizing software from Wilcom, they are actually interfaced with CorelDraw X5 right now. If they are on schedule for a new release, then this time next year they will be out with the new version paired with X6.

Now, if you go with just their Lettering and Editing software, it's only the embroidery portion of the software and it only has running stitches for digitizing. It's geared for the people that outsource their designs and want to add lettering or if there is some last minute tweaking, they can do it. I don't know what the price is on that, but that might be something worth looking into. However, I would still suggest DecoStudio Gold as that would give you the ability to do some beginning digitizing if you wanted to try your hand at it and it's at a respectable price point for it's level. Although if I recall correctly, it still costs more then the Master Suite on disk.

To get good software for this business, it's going to cost though. Much more then devoted sign programs to get the same level.

Suz

flagman,

Congrats! The Happy Machines are very nice. We looked at those but ended up with SWF and BROTHER. The Brother is 2nd had, what a bargain that was! Good luck with your new equipment! 12 heads will give you the ability to run some large orders quickly.