• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

software support????

Marlene

I have been having tons of issues with 5.0 and when I went to the Gerber site to find support, I don't see any way to contact Gerber tech support. is there a number? e-mail address? there is so many things going wrong in Omega, I need to find out what is going on.

signage

Here right off their site

software and hardware questions.
Phone: 860-896-6096
Fax: 860-871-3862
Email: gspservice@gspinc.com

Attachments

• gerbersupport.jpg
    gerbersupport.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 102

ironchef

Yea ima call them too. My problem was fixed but it came back. Copying and pasting into corel... also when importing a file from my old ga. It comes up as print lines (red) . So i have to import with omega 4 and then save it to omega 5.

ironchef

I got corel x6. I did a post earlier and a member from here sent me a file and it did a temporary fix. Ill go look up the old thread to paste it here... when i paste into corel sometimes a letter is missing. Usually in the top left region... and other times the little inner piece of a letter will be missing.

Tony Teveris

After you install the Omega 5.0 fix you say it was fixed, now you say it's broken again. Did you reload Omega by chance? Everyone that I have sent this fix to has been happy and has not reported back that it's broken again.

ironchef

Hey tony. Was i supposed to re install omega? I plugged in that file you sent me and it worked for a few days. But i didn't reinstall omega..

Tony Teveris

No, I want to make sure you did not reinstall. I'm not sure whats going on. I only have x4 but can not believe it's CorelDraw.

Marlene

happy to say that Tony "fixed" all my issues. I used to always click on all files so I could see what was available to open, now in 5.0, I have to click on the type of file I want to open. it is a little bit of a pain as I liked being able to see all the files as customers send a ton some times. the size issues when reducing a file to do a paper proof and then going to full size is being addressed.

thanks for the help!

ironchef

Ok. I did not reinstall. I just copied and pasted the file where you told me... it worked great for a while. But it just stopped. So i have to export/import. I use those two programs everyday, please help. Also. It wont open files exported (eps) from ga... i have to import in omega 4, then i can copy n paste into omega 5

ironchef

P.s. i also just tried exporting an eps file from corel and importing into omega. It comes up as a jpg. Not even red lines like it does when i import clipart, which i cant cut either

Tony Teveris

EPS - did you select the import filter in Omega or just select "All"?

If you did not try selecting "EPS - (GSP 2.5) EPS as Vector"

Was it from CorelDraw or CorelPhotoPaint?

Import the file back into CorelDraw, what do you get?