• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Software to cut different layers

First post!

I have a Summa S2 T160 cutter and I was curious if a software exists that would allow me to cut with different settings on each layer. As far as I can tell this cutter only supports kiss cut and flexcut modes. I would like to be able to specify the cutting force and other settings of each layer of a design. For example if I had a design that was just three lines I would want force 150 on line 1, 300 on line 2 and 600 on line 3. Right now with winplot I can only specify kiss cut or flexcut on each line.

Thanks!

EDIT: CoCut had the ability.

Last edited:

AF

Winplot can do this by assigning colors to paths and then adjusting the cutter before cutting each color.

I would assume any rip can do this automatically. I know Colorgate can do this. It is a rather basic task. Maybe I am missing something with your question?

FrankW

Flexi would let you assign different settings to different colours, and - since v19 - to layers too.

Jgowxio

First post!

I have a Summa S2 T160 cutter and I was curious if a software exists that would allow me to cut with different settings on each layer. As far as I can tell this cutter only supports kiss cut and flexcut modes. I would like to be able to specify the cutting force and other settings of each layer of a design. For example if I had a design that was just three lines I would want force 150 on line 1, 300 on line 2 and 600 on line 3. Right now with winplot I can only specify kiss cut or flexcut on each line.

Thanks!

EDIT: CoCut had the ability.
I suggest you try EasyCut Pro software, it is suitable for a variety of cutting machines, it has two versions of windows and mac platform, very easy to use.