• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Wanted and Advice

William Smith

Hello I am a new member, not a printer, in our business we have a printer shown below. Whilst this is good for what it does, the software is"Usable" but not great. Can anyone help me with a couple of questions please.
  • Can i use other software with this printer, such as Wasatch or Onyx or other recommended software?
  • Does anyone have this software for sale or can advise where to buy second hand software as above
https://www.wer-china.com/a-epuv-uv-flatbed-printer-72.html

A1 EP7880UV UV Flatbed Printer

• Head type: one Epson DX5 head
  • Max Printing size: 23.6"*59" (60 * 150cm)
  • Ink Supply Method: Independent continous ink supply systerm
  • RIP software: Acro RIP Pro(White)for Flatbed Printer Ver8.2.3

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
IF you buy a proper RIP, you'll need the drivers which chinese printers a lot of the time use modified epson drivers which will only work with the RIPs supplies with the printer.

Hello I am a new member, not a printer, in our business we have a printer shown below. Whilst this is good for what it does, the software is"Usable" but not great. Can anyone help me with a couple of questions please.
  • Can i use other software with this printer, such as Wasatch or Onyx or other recommended software?
  • Does anyone have this software for sale or can advise where to buy second hand software as above
https://www.wer-china.com/a-epuv-uv-flatbed-printer-72.html

A1 EP7880UV UV Flatbed Printer

• Head type: one Epson DX5 head
  • Max Printing size: 23.6"*59" (60 * 150cm)
  • Ink Supply Method: Independent continous ink supply systerm
  • RIP software: Acro RIP Pro(White)for Flatbed Printer Ver8.2.3

What printer did you get from them and what did you pay? Are you happy with it other than the rip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

William Smith

What more would you like to gain, exactly?
The foremost need is printing white (which acrorip does) but it needs to print white and colour at the same time.
I have done a reasonable amount of reading and most of it suggests that banding is much more common in the free or very light end of the software range,
Banding is simply unacceptable for front printing, but you may get away with it in rear printing such as colours first white second. we don't want to see it at all, like the rest of you i assume.

William Smith

What printer did you get from them and what did you pay? Are you happy with it other than the rip?

The Printer type is in the post, We paid around $8k AUD and apart from mainbord & pump DOA, which they sent replacements for straight away it has been worth the money.

William Smith

IF you buy a proper RIP, you'll need the drivers which chinese printers a lot of the time use modified epson drivers which will only work with the RIPs supplies with the printer.
Thanks for the reply, in this case it is using the Epson driver straight off the Epson website which is really good, one of the good things about Acrorip is it allows you to assign ink channels so no problems there. I/we are not sure if other rip software will allow this?

The Printer type is in the post, We paid around $8k AUD and apart from mainbord & pump DOA, which they sent replacements for straight away it has been worth the money.

Sorry, the link did not work at first, but I now see the printer. Have you been able to get multiple layers for any textures?

Chasez

Pretty sure onyx has a 30 day trial of the current software... you could always download and run it and test it out. If it works out for you the way you want it would be worth the purchase. If it doesn't work your not out any $$ and you can eliminate it.

Chaz