• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soljet Pro 4 640 woes...

TristateCharlie

So I'm having issues with dot drop-out on test prints, and I believe what is causing this is also causing alot of banding on halftones and greys.

I've cleaned cleaned and then cleaned to no avail. Wondering if there could be a clog in the head somehow?

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Charlie

Attachments

• P_20180115_145451_LL.jpg
    P_20180115_145451_LL.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 163

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Your light cyan is missing a good chunk of nozzles which doesn't usually show up in prints as much as the other colors but could be part of the issue. Generally ink drop out is caused by failing dampers, bad maintenance station and/or air getting into the system from a damaged line or bad seal between the ink line and damper connection. Change the damper on the colors you are having issues with and make sure to change the connector and o-ring. If that doesn't fix it, it could be a whole lot of things.

Last edited:

Joe House

+1 for what VanderJ said. Also take a look at the bottom of the print head and see if there is any physical damage to the nozzle plate. Check the condition of your cap top - clean or replace as necessary.

TristateCharlie

Your light cyan is missing a good chunk of nozzles which doesn't usually show up in prints as much as the other colors but could be part of the issue. Generally ink drop out is caused by failing dampers, bad maintenance station and/or air getting into the system from a damaged line or bad seal between the ink line and damper connection. Change the damper on the colors you are having issues with and make sure to change the connector and o-ring. If that doesn't fix it, it could be a whole lot of things.

Thanks! We have a warranty contract active, so I'm putting in a maintenance call and am mentioning this to them. Hopefully that gets it sorted out. Again, Thanks alot!

Joe House

be aware that most warranties - including Roland's - do not cover physical damage to the head. The warranties are basically for defects in materials and workmanship and specifically exclude misuse and abuse. So if there's a scratch on the bottom of the head, you may be on the hook for it.

Lea Marc

We found Roland to be pretty good, we had a scratch on the B head which was giving us similar problems and they replaced the head no questions.