• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help soljet xc-540 test print is printing a pink band!

Signturesigns

Hello,
Ok so I just replaced my dampers on my cyan head and ink is now successfully filling the reservoir of the damper which is great! but NOW im getting this crazy magenta band going horizontal and vertically. I've never seen that before.
I've done multiple cleanings and it wont go away.. I even tried to print a test print of a banner. The first one is one that printed great a couple weeks ago but the hazzy cyan looking print is what I got while having this issue with the test print. Any ideas on how to solution?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 12.29.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 12.29.18 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 206
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 12.29.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 12.29.11 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 197

GTSTech_1

Power down the printer (pull the power plug and then hit the power button on the front panel to dissipate any electrical current). Once powered down, re seat the printhead cables on the Magenta head, one of them is more than likely not seated all the way or making good contact.

Just my .02

E Coloney

A failed PC board on the print carriage will do that. Did you power down will tinkering with the machine? If not, did you remove the ribbon connector to the magenta print head and then plug it back in = trashed PC board (been there, done that)?
Side note: you're on the verge of needing to replace your black print head.

Signturesigns

Power down the printer (pull the power plug and then hit the power button on the front panel to dissipate any electrical current). Once powered down, re seat the printhead cables on the Magenta head, one of them is more than likely not seated all the way or making good contact.

Just my .02
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU WERE RIGHT!!!! WASNT SEATED PROPERLY!!! THANK YOU!